How choosing a bad casino can alter your gambling experience?
Neglecting to check out the casino website you decide to gamble on can reflect negatively on your:
- personal data
- security of device(s)
- opinion about online gambling
Even more so, you might get completely disappointed and give up online gambling for good. We would hate anything of the kind to happen to any of our readers. Which is why we are utterly assertive when it comes to online casinos that are to be included in our list. Trust us, they don’t just get in it from out of nowhere.
With any online casino SA that Casinority experts done a profound testing on, the safety of your data and money is out of question. Instead, you get to gamble with online casino South Africa legal providers that grant you utmost pleasure from gambling by offering:
- a variety of games from best soft providers only
- choice of safe and validated banking methods
- high payout rates
- lucrative bonus offers
- licenses and accreditations from corresponding authorities
Needless to say, a lousy casino may also camouflage itself as a reliable gambling provider. It will look bright and shiny on the outside, yet, all its grandiose bonuses and promises will fade away right after it swallows your money.
If you choose to be on the safe side, trust casinos that have been out on the market for some time. Trust those casinos that review websites like Casinority have put through ‘hell and high water’ to prove they are truly worthy of our and, more importantly, YOUR attention.
All jokes aside, the top-10 list of South African online casino by Casinority.com is your winning shot against unreliable gambling providers.
So...how you think we rate those?
How we rated SA online casinos?
Not all casinos are equally safe and secure. And we at Casinority know it better than anyone else. Each casino South Africa online has to provide proof of its fair conduct for us to include it to the top-10 rating and recommend to our visitors.
What do we want to see on the reliable provider’s website?
Unlicensed casinos is a no-no. Regardless of bonuses, promotions and special offers they have, no license - no talk. The best online casino in South Africa is the one that has licenses from international gambling jurisdictions, since South African bookmakers don’t give licenses to online casinos that operate on the territory of the country. It relates back to daunting legal regulations in regards to online casinos, which we will talk about more in detail later.
- Badges from audit agencies.
If you know what business audit is for, you can relate it to gambling - the goal is to check. These firms perform a thorough check to see if the gaming outcomes are actually random. For this, they check the RNG - random number generator - implemented in the games and give their verdict.
- Bonus Offers.
Don’t think that we go by the rule “who promises more - wins.” On the contrary, we seek to make sure that bonuses from real online casino South Africa are not just empty promises. We check on wagering requirements that go with these bonuses.
And here’s why NOT doing it may put a damper on your gambling experience:
As a rule, casinos that want to trick users state wagering requirements that are way too unrealistic, hidden out of sign or written in a very small print or in an unclear manner, hoping that you won’t bother figuring it out and move on to playing and deposing your money right away. Yet, you gotta know what they are to at least estimate if you’ll have enough money, time, or even desire to work on ‘earning’ your bonus.
We don’t want to bother you with all the far-fetched rating process and other details - you will find all you need in ‘How we test online casino’ section. All you need to know so far, is that only casinos that satisfy our requirement make it into our list.
Bonuses from online casino South Africa
Since we started talking about bonuses, let’s dive deep into this topic. Do all casinos in South Africa give real bonuses? Are all bonuses worth ‘fighting for’? It all leads down to one answer:
They are, if offered by a safe and reliable gambling provider such as any of the top online casinos in South Africa.
How can you tell? Let us offer you these 5 clear-cut tips to distinguish a real casino bonus from a fake one.
- Real bonus offer sounds plausible. If you come across the match deposit bonus that is 2-3x higher than those of competitors - that should alarm you.
- Real bonus goes with wagering requirements. If you look hard and can’t find those, probably they will strike you after you make the deposit. And regret it.
- Real bonus has realistic wagering requirements. If you can find those requirements that’s good enough. Even better is when they are achievable.
- Real bonus is the one you can cash out.
- Real bonus = real money.
Here’s the list of several trusted South African online casinos with the most lucrative bonus offers you can come across online:
Impressed but can’t wrap your mind around all those bonuses you’ve just read about? Let’s break it down to see what kinds of bonuses exist and ways they differ from one another.
Online casino no deposit bonus. This is probably the most googleable and desired bonus of most users. Why? Because it goes unconditionally and allows to wager with it. It like a casino wants you to try gambling, asking nothing in return.
Match deposit bonus. A bonus that you get on top of your first deposit. It may be a 50% - 200% matched bonus on the sum you invest.
Free Spins. To all those who love pokies, free spins is a must-have. It allows to play and win real money without depositing money of your own.
VIP bonus. These bonuses are presented to high rollers. The higher the stakes one wagers on, the higher the bonuses one gets from a casino. And, trust us, there are no casinos online that don’t favor their high rollers.
Cashback bonus. Feeling out of luck? A casino feels your pain and is eager to give you back at least a part of the money you wagered on and lost. This way, you have extra cash to get even.
Welcome package bonus. The best bonus one can get as a newbie to a gambling site is a welcome package. It includes a variety of bonuses: no deposit and match bonus, free spins, free play, etc. Yes, some of these do come with wagering requirements but some don’t.
Users of casino online South Africa are free to sign up and enjoy gambling with all the lucrative bonuses from the top tested and rated casinos from Casinority.com.
How we test South African online casinos?
When you come to a brick-and-mortar casino, it is more or less obvious: you see lots of people gambling there, you see staff rushing about, and you feel it's alright to play for real money in there.
But what are the hallmarks of reliable local South African online casinos?
And that’s when sites like Casinority.com come in handy. The team of our in-house and freelance casino experts does their best to bring to light some shady providers and promote the worthy ones. Our rating is a list of 10 best paying online casino South Africa that scored high in our rating process.
But let’s break it down into 5 testing stages that each casino SA has to go through while under our magnifying glass.
- Step ONE. We choose one of the best online casino South Africa according to user reviews or its position in search engine. New casinos is a keen interest of ours.
- Step TWO. We thoroughly check all new SA online casinos for licenses from corresponding jurisdictions and approvals by independent testing agencies. As a rule, they can be found on the website’s footer.
- Step THREE. We ask our freelance gamblers to deposit real money to their account using the preferred payment method. If the process runs smoothly and all bonuses promised by a provider are received, we move on to the next step.
- Step FOUR. We check the quality of software by testing all the most played online casino games in South Africa. What influences our verdict?
- software provider (Microgaming, Playtech, NetEnt, etc.)
- quality of graphics, website’s design
- the functionality of mobile version
- desktop version (if any)
- number of games for instant play
- Step FIVE. Here’s the defining moment - withdrawing the money we won. In a perfect world, this operation has to be as fast and smooth as depositing (considering wagering requirements are met). If a casino fulfills its obligation to pay winning money to players without looking for workarounds, this website receives a trust badge from Casinority.
The status of the best online casino SA isn’t earned in a day though. We take our time to make sure we know all ins and outs before we jump into any conclusions.
The payout rate is another thing that matters. It shows the part of the money that a casino keeps to itself as opposed to a part it gives back to players. If we consider casinos with the highest payout rates, it cannot be more than 98%. The fact that a casino gives back 98% of deposited money back speaks that it works in the condition of extremely low maintenance. And it cannot be 100%. If you see a casino that advertises itself with 100% payout rate, chances are it is merely a marketing tool to hook you in.
Payout times is what might trouble you if you want to withdraw your money frequently. Some casinos tend to make this process too far-fetched making you wait for your money for ages. Even though these may not be attempts not to give you money at all, it is still irritating.
Only superior online casinos like the ones we recommend have no need to trick their users and delay withdrawal of their funds in any way. Even the usual check does not take longer than 24 hours. What’s even better?
You can cash out money regularly, several times a month or even more often.
Finally, if you want to sleep soundly, make sure you’ve chosen a casino with a license. Regardless of how long have you been with your gambling provider or how much you like it. Without a license, things can get ugly for the casino at any moment. And for you as well.
Profound testing of any given casino website for South African online casinos list is our obligation. We recommend you only the best and the most reliable providers. We want your gambling experience to be as cloudless as possible. Your only task is to pick a casino that best satisfies your needs and play your favorite games carelessly.
Want to know how casinos from our top-ten list cater to the likes of South African gamblers? Move on to our next section.
Games in online casinos for South African players
There’s no secret that South Africans aren’t typical gamblers. According to our research, the most popular form of gambling is the National Lottery, which the prevailing majority of the SA population is into.
The second most favorite type of entertainment is slots. While not as popular as the lottery, slots are legal and safe to play. Scratch cards and sports betting are also quite loved by South African residents.
With these preferences considered, the casinos we recommend cate the most to likes and needs of South African gamblers. Therefore, slots occupy a supreme status in online SA casinos. In the recommended casino list by Casinority, you can find casino websites with all kinds of pokies:
- the most basic fruit pokies
- 3-reel, 5-reel, 7-reel, 9-reel pokies
- themed slots
- progressive jackpot slots
- video pokies
The variety of games does not end there. South African users can enjoy all the same games as in leading casinos worldwide. Poker, roulette, baccarat, blackjack are inevitably in all casino websites that made it into our rating.
Software for South African casinos
Software from leading providers is a bullet-proof sign that you are at the safest online casino in SA. What soft providers to trust? Of course, those software giants that we regard as the superior of all need no introduction.
Ability to play online casino South Africa from mobile is a must for SA gamblers. A good mobile casino allows playing games, making payments and withdrawals with convenience as in mobile version.
Casinority.com trusts only software of the famous brand names standing behind mobile online gambling in South Africa such as:
- Big Time Gaming
- Evolution Gaming
- Realtime Gaming
With these names by your casino’s side, you should not expect any shortcomings when it comes to game quality. Enjoy the smooth gambling with best casino games from web, desktop or mobile version!
Banking Options in South African gambling sites
Despite the ambiguous status of online gambling in South Africa, the SA gamblers have as many options of legal online gambling in South Africa to choose from just like gamblers from any other developed country.
Each of these banking methods is granted by reputable institutions that provide people with fair services worldwide.
It is completely safe and secure to deposit and withdraw money with any of banking options offered by our reliable casino websites. They cooperate only with providers that use unique encryption technologies that protect your personal data from leakage, as well as grant anti-scam and anti-fraud protection.
While the options vary, gamblers worldwide give preference to e-wallets and prepaid cards. The thing is, these two banking methods function as third parties in the process of financial transaction and they accept South African national currency, ZAR.
Yet, let’s make a quick overview of most used banking methods of South African gamblers:
- Easy EFT is a payment method specifically designed for SA players. It allows to deposit and withdraw money in Rands. Which is why it stands out as a primary banking option of best online casino for South Africa.
- Visa & MasterCard are definitely the most well-known options in South Africa and abroad. The main benefit of this method is that it allows to make and receive money in Rands and other currencies like pounds, euro, American, Canadian, New Zealand dollar.
- Skrill is a trusted online wallet that allows conducting financial operations with minimum fees at online casinos in ZAR. This way, it is both fast and cheap, no transaction and min service fees. Moreover, some SA casinos give extra bonus to users who set skrill as their primary method.
- Citadel instant banking enables you to conduct money transfers in 33 countries around the world and also works for online casinos for South African players. You don’t need to create an account - just state your method of deposit/withdrawal and download an app for instant banking.
- Neteller. Just like Skrill, Neteller is an e-banking system that allows making domestic and international transactions with minimum fees. On top of that, users who choose this method make extra profit from bonuses they get for signing up and receiving funds to their accounts.
There are plenty of other banking methods that accept payments in Rands and process operations at minimum fees. Your one and only task is to pick the one you already familiar with or the one you’d like to have an account at. The criteria, according to which to do your search:
- The type of payment method (e-wallet, bank transfers, prepaid cards,etc.)
- Transaction fees
- Card or no card
- Third party or direct
- Anonymous or reflected on bank statements
With this in mind, you have to read about each casino online payment and withdrawal method carefully to avoid any inconveniences. Yet, the selected and tested casinos you can find in our list use only the most reliable and the most suitable casinos for South African gamblers.
Ambiguous Status and Legality of Online Casinos in South Africa
South Africa has been in a debate over the legal status of gambling since one hundred or more years ago and until nowadays. To tell the long story short, online casino legal status in undefined. It means, legally, one has no right to run an online casino within the territory of SA. However, South African residents can enjoy the services of their favorite casinos without second guessing their decision. Why?
Let’s dive deeper into the history for a moment.
Since 1965, the Africa's Gambling Act prohibited all kinds of gambling except some sports betting (like betting on horse racing). In less than 5 years, residents of nominally independent areas began opening public casinos for gambling. Needless to say, those we rather closed communities and unavailable to most South Africans.
By 1995, there have been as many as two thousand casino operating within the country. Illegally. So the government that came to power in those years decided to give a way to casinos and legalised gambling. They published the National Gambling Act that made all kinds of gambling legal and gave birth to the first regulatory agency - the National Gambling Board.
So, when did it all take the wrong turn, you ask?
Almost ten years of legalized gambling ended in 2004. From that time on, the government who prohibited all kinds of online gambling activities kept issuing amendments to the law, making it even more incomprehensible. Lawyers and legal advisors cannot come to a single conclusion and the status of online gambling is hanging in the air.
The status of online gambling is SA is still ‘undefined.’
The laws that were subsequently implemented (the National Gambling Act of 2004 and the update of September 2011) banned online gambling within South African borders. However, these restrictions target gambling providers yet, in no way, the players.
Something we know for sure is that individual players from South Africa have never been prosecuted for gambling online. Regardless of the national policies towards gambling, it is more than safe to play, deposit and withdraw real money from licensed and regulated casinos online.
Moreover, the safe and reliable casinos that we recommend comply perfectly with all the legal ambiguities in regards to gambling in this country.
Tips on how to win more in online casinos SA
We all want to play and take the most of our gambling. Even though you may feel like you don’t want to be overly concerned about money, getting a tasty bonus or some extra cash is always a nice surprise!
We want to share with you some tips that the team of our experts and freelance gamblers have checked to help them always stay at the top of the game. So, take a look at these and make advantage of your knowledge immediately.
- The first tip is to avoid dubious casinos. When we say dubious, we mean those, legal status of which is undefined and the reputation is fairly poor. How can you tell it is this kind of casino when you meet one?
- They sound desperate. Yes, and you can feel it once you read the firsts to sentences on their homepage. They promise bonuses, cashbacks, payouts that make it impossible for any normal casino to function.
- They don’t talk much about the boring side: their licenses, approvals, affiliates, software providers is an all covered up mystery.
- Their website is lacking text, however, you keep being redirected to payment page.
- Poorly written text is also a red sign. A text that only invites you to play and gives no factual information on a casino is also a no.It is possible even for a layperson to tell a casino is a fraud from the first sight. Sometimes. But sometimes, everything looks so classy that one’s mouth wouldn’t let one call it a fraud. Then, our how-to tips might come in handy.
- This tip is about you doing your best to check the casino before making any serious steps. How?
- Read a review of South African casino and user feedback on the Internet
- Find a casino’s affiliate program
- Read about its main software provider
- Check how many trusted banking options are there
- Look for payout rate reportsThere are lots of things you can do by yourself to make sure it is safe to play with a chosen gambling provider. But what if you don’t know all those details? Or, what if you don’t have time or patience to bother with all of that? Well, then the third tip found you.
- Consult with review websitesThere are numerous casino review expert websites like Casinority. By consulting with any of them, you deprive yourself of a headache that goes with checking and testing casino websites on your own. What are the benefits of checking the ratings of best casinos?
- they update info regularly. Once you are on such a website, look for the words “Last updated” or “Last modified.” It is crucial because not all casinos manage to stick on top for long. Some may confidently force their way onto the top and then lose positions due to various reasons. Or, even worse, get into a list of blacklisted casinos. So, be careful and always look for the date the rating was published.
- they are eager to help. Review sites do a thorough check of each website they recommend. It does not mean they serve as advertising billboards to their online casino ‘buddies.’ Such review sites lose visitors in a heartbeat and are generally short-lived.
- they do the testing, regular users can’t. Testing a casino website is that kind of puzzle. Especially to a newbie. Experts from review sites know how and have all time in the world to complete the check in the best way possible. They even deposit real money to make sure the casino is entirely reliable as it should be.
- Don’t hunt for bonuses because bonuses don’t guarantee the safety of your funds, personal data and devices. We at Casinority love the generosity of only those casino websites that know how to prove they can actually fulfill their promises.Besides, online casinos also have protective measures against bonus hunters. Nowadays, a casino would not allow you to just deposit money, receive bonus cash and leave. They want to make sure you use this money for the right purpose, which is to wager on it!
- Play wisely because the most successful gamblers are those who know when it is the right time to start and to stop. We don’t say that you have to use some feng shui tactics to find the perfect timing.Still, we don’t recommend losing all the money on an unlucky day. It’s better to save at least some of it and try again tomorrow!
- Have several accounts. We don’t recommend to have more than 4 but playing with 2 or 3 casinos is a confident choice. What’s wrong with having only one provider? Absolutely nothing but having several is more convenient. For example, you may find certain games that are on one site but not on the other. Or, you may withdraw money from each of the 3 accounts to always have a some cash pouring into your account.
- Find ways to attract gambler’s luck. No jokes! You can assure for yourself that online gamblers are as superstitious as gamblers at brick-and-mortar casinos. Some gamble only while sitting in a ‘lucky’ spot in their house (or even city!), while others don’t approach their laptop without a strong winning spirit. You too, should identify what clothes, rituals, things, or people bring you luck in gambling and start playing confidently by their side.
What else is there for South African gambler?
South African gamblers should leave all worries aside and enjoy playing with leading SA gambling providers. As mentioned earlier, individuals who gambler are no targets to authorities, but online casinos that operate within SA territory.
There is nothing bad about online gambling in South Africa, apart from gambling with rogue casino websites. Yet, this rule applies to residents of any country because fraud casino sites are anywhere and everywhere.
Casinority.com gathered all the safest and the most reliable providers that users in South Africa and worldwide casinos can fully trust. We hope with our guidance, your gambling experience won’t get overshadowed by some unpredictable or unfortunate situation.
We care that you play games only from the best soft creators, deposit money with the most reliable processors and receive timely customer support once any issues emerge. Below, there are list of questions that our readers ask the most frequently. If your question is not there, do not hesitate to share your concerns with us by clicking the ‘Contact Us’ button. Our experts will gladly provide you with exhaustible info and share their experiences with you.