Why choosing good online casinos in NZ is vital for your gaming experience?
The Internet gives you plenty of options of online casinos to choose. It’s up to you whether to trust tested and highly rated casinos or risk your money and security gambling with an unreliable provider.
Get Help Finding Your Perfect Online Casino NZ
For now, we just want to make sure you don’t get disappointed with gambling having picked the wrong website. With more than a 1,000 online casinos available out there, you are gonna need some navigation to narrow down the number of candidates.
Poor quality of games, not knowing how and when to deposit money and other minor issues may seem like a big deal without having an experienced gambling advisor by your side, which Casinority.com will gladly be for you!
To get a better idea of all options and possibilities modern online casinos offer, you need to figure out what casino type is more convenient for you: the one you can play from mobile, desktop or browser.
Basically, if you choose one of the respected casinos from our list, this question won’t even bother you because these casinos are ready for instant play no matter what device you approach them with.
What’s that we do?
Best online casino NZ list is a compilation of safe and secure casinos with immense options of games to play and bonuses to get. What do they offer?
- Only Real bonuses and promotions
- Fair terms and conditions
- Minimum or NO wagering requirements
- Bonus packages for new and existing users
- Loyalty points and other incentives
On the other end of the spectrum, you really can get yourself into trouble gambling with just any casino you can find on the Internet. Imagine how disappointing would it be to deposit money and never get the promised bonus? Or being unable to withdraw the money you won? There are numerous ways, in which casinos of poor background shamelessly deceive their users.
Therefore, picking online casino tested and rated by an independent party is a wise decision to make. Casinority.com awards top online casino sites with its trust badge for you to be aware of their reliability and fair conduct. All of them go through our testing procedure we will talk about in detail in our next section.
How we rate casino websites in NZ?
Finding a fair and safe casino on your own is possible, yet not necessary anymore. With casino review sites like ours, you simply come and instantly find out which websites are worthy of your time and which aren’t.
For this, you have to know what features all highly rated casinos (such as top 10 casinos from our list) have.
- Great bonus offerings and promotions.
Respected and trusted casinos aren’t get tired of offering the best things they can to their users since they know they have money to keep their promises.
Casinos that we work with aren’t just great ‘cause of their mouth-watering bonuses and cool promo stuff. Powered by software from not infamous providers like Microgaming, Evolution Gaming, etc., these casinos are impeccable in terms of quality of games and website design.
Not knowing which banking option to choose from dozens offered by an online casino is a good sign. Plus, any New Zealand online casino should provide convenient methods of depositing and cashing out in NZ dollars.
No one likes interest charged for transactions - it seems meaningless and merely a waste of money. We, thus, rate the ability of any given online casino NZ to allow users minimize transaction expenditures as much as possible. It both concern fees charged by the casino itself and those charged by a banking provider.
Casinos with high payouts are rated high for they allow users to take back on average more money than casinos with lower payouts.
When it comes to money matter, many of us are impatient to get what belongs to them as soon as possible. NZ casino online list includes casinos with fastest cashouts, so that you received real money from your casino the very day you need it.
- Licenses and certifications.
It is not that easy to obtain a license from famous rating agencies like MGA, UKGC, or AGCC. It requires a lot of paperwork to complete and fees to pay, as well as a perfect conformance with all the requirements. Logos of trusted financial services and software providers also serve as a proof of casino’s reputation and trustworthiness.
These very features comprise the criteria, according to which we rate our casinos. However, as we previously mentioned, it is not impossible to find a good casino websites reading other users reviews and stories. These may be highly subjective, but user opinion is what defines the reputation of a casino.
We want to warn you that reading user reviews and feedbacks may or may not give you a compelling answer. Why? Some of such reviews will be openly angry and the fact that something went wrong does not necessarily make it casino’s fault. Maybe the guy didn’t read T&Cs or didn’t understand how bonuses work, things happen. Other reviews may sound suspiciously nice and sweet.
If you average out all these comments and reviews, you will unlikely be thrilled to start playing with a casino right away. No one cares about things that are just ‘average,’ right? The worst part is that you can pass on a really solid casino listening to some incompetent users.
We at Casinority.com don’t want you to find yourself in the middle of nowhere having read all those reviews. With this in mind, we created our Definitive Guide for finding best of the best online casinos for New Zealand gamblers.
Our approach to rating these casinos is as straightforward as it could be - the more points a casino scores according to our criteria, the higher it rates in our list. And we don’t just rate them and forget about them, no.
Casino review websites like Casinority are typical watchdogs to online casino websites. We monitor and control websites we recommend, and make sure they don’t downgrade once the credit is given. That’s why you can be sure that no matter when you access our website for rating or other info, you receive the most up-to-date data.
How we test online casinos in NZ?
Testing real online casino games, soft, banking options, etc. is not an easy task. In order to do that properly, we have to go to each casino online and deposit real money. Sure enough, it would not be that easy for one person to do, while not a problem for Casinority.com at all.
We check the website of each live casino online to find the following:
- A full catalog of games of all kinds
Full list of high-quality games available for instant play from browser or hand-held device speaks that the website is not just some ripping-off tool with pirated software and fake info. Good games from leaders in software industry like NetEnt or Microgaming is a straight A from us to a casino.
- A variety of banking options suitable for NZ residents
Finding a payment option at legal online casino NZ that you already familiar with spares you from many problems. Let’s say, you use Neteller and just in love with this amazing e-wallet but it’s not there! You now have to read about other options, choose one that suits you, set up an account and other fuss. We give our casino points for offering as many banking options as possible so not a single visitor would have to wrack one’s brain over this kind of stuff.
- Reliable software providers and affiliates
If you don’t have a clue who casino’s software providers are and where to look for them, we’ll explain that later in the text. If you couldn’t care less, no problem as well. Just let us check it for you and deliver on a silver platter.
- Approvals of gaming testing agencies
These are important as hell. No approval - no fair play; no fair play - the casino does not work for us and neither does it for you.
The word ‘high’ refers to 90% and above. The fact that a casino has low payout rate does not make it scam or anything. The only reason we included this item is that we want account for user satisfaction. And payout rates - how much money a casino gives back to users - is one of the definitive numbers.
Besides, we also test the usability of the website, design, and other features. Surely, there is no single leader that can be named best of the best according to all of these criteria. That’s the reason why there are top 10 and not top 1 or top 3 fastest payout online casinos in NZ. Each of them is the best in something, and we’ll be happy to have you discover the benefits of every casino.
Meanwhile, don’t forget about bonuses. In 2018, any online casino where you can play for real money will compete for the right to give you as many bonuses as you can use.
Bonuses in NZ gaming: two sides of the coin
Online casinos NZ know a thing or two about offering their players bonuses and promotions they can’t resist. Maybe you’ve also joined the club of ‘bonus hunters’ and need our review to pick a casino with the most mouth-watering bonus offers today.
Well then, scroll through our list of top 10 casinos in NZ and just pick the one you’re cool with.
Just a quick reminder of the major casino bonuses you typically see on casino websites:
- No deposit bonus is a name that speaks for itself. You deposit nothing but your time to check out and play any of the best games in a casino online. This bonus may be in the form of cash, free spins for pokies, or other tasty benefits.
- The fun starts with welcome = sign-up = deposit bonus. And it can be the whole package of cool offers to receive. The best one is the matched bonus on your first or even several deposits. You pay NZ $400, and get NZ $800 to your account, nicely done.
- Free spins that are money winning and that are actually free. You only have to choose a pokie game you like and use them all.
There are many other incentives casinos come up with to stand out. Still, we urge you to read the conditions that you have to go along with to get those bonuses, wagering requirements in particular.
These requirement state how much money you have to wager on in the games to withdraw your casino money, i.e. to turn it into a real cash. Some casinos joke with these requirements because they know many users just don’t read them.
And what happens next?
They don’t get to cash out anything before they bet on a huge sum of money. That they don’t have. That they didn’t even plan to deposit in the first place.
If you don’t want to find yourself in a similar situation, don’t get excited over bonuses too quickly, at least before you check wagering requirements. And choose only NZ casinos with fast withdrawal option available.
P.S. Casinority.com regards unrealistic wagering requirements as a form of unfair gaming, which is why casinos that try to trick users this way aren’t even close to getting into our rating.
Hunt or Not to Hunt?
Yet, we want to prevent you from making the mistake of many bonus hunters like yourself - do not narrow down your options based on bonus offers. Let us explain. There is nothing wrong with bonuses, it’s just online casinos cannot NOT to offer them anymore. With such a deadly competition on the market, a casino with even little less impressive promotion campaign has few chances to get through.
At the same time, don’t allow excitement and impulses from generous bonus propositions guide you when choosing a casino. As you might guess, these unbelievable numbers are there to lead you astray. Not many casinos play cool when it comes to paying out the promised bonuses because only some of them have enough cash to do that.
But what if you knew for sure that a casino is fair and all the bonuses it offers are absolutely real? That’s exactly what we aimed for when making our casino list. Now you can stop wondering whether the bonus you see is too much, too little, suspicious or looks believable. We know from experience that casino ads make it sound and look so perfect that you just don’t think about the intention behind it.
The table presented below will spare you from doubts. Check out these casinos with time-tested reputation and years of fair experience on the online casino market.
Apart from stunning bonus offers and promotions, these casinos will just drag you into the world of hundreds of games you can play for real money or free of charge. Both ways, you will want to return to your casino website to play more.
Popular games in New Zealand casinos
Broadly classified, there are slots, table games, and video poker. Other, less favorite games include scratch cards, bingo, and many more.
There’s virtually no casinos that offer only one or two types of popular casino games. While online casino slots are, by all means, the most popular among Kiwi players, other games are also in demand.
With the assistance of the best software providers, play best slots themed as your favorite movies, TV shows, and superhero chronicles. You are to enjoy the best graphics and realistic pictures that will enhance your gambling experience.
With a reliable online casino NZ, you can choose any game you like and start an instant play even without your first deposit made. We recommend to try out some of the most popular tables or pokies by utilizing the available credits or free spins.
Useful tips for NZ players to play games
Playing casino games for free at top online NZ casinos shouldn’t bewilder you, that’s a normal practice. How are you expected to know what games you like, how much to deposit, and whether you even like it? After all, you can’t just make payments into the unknown.
In virtually any respected casino, there are free games available for instant play. If there isn’t a definitive section that states ‘Free Games,’ don’t get discouraged - it probably just has a different name. Free spins, free credits, bonus time all signify the same thing, which is that you can try it for free, no deposit asked.
If you are too excited to start playing for real money with a legit casino in New Zealand, it’s totally cool. Yet, we still want to attract your attention to the way playing free games can benefit you as a beginning (or even experienced) gambler.
- No stressing out about money. While just starting with gambling at any best rated online casino NZ, allow yourself to enjoy the process to its fullest instead of worrying about money you win or lose. Just go through the games, check out terms and conditions, read rules of the most popular games, there’s no rush.
- Learn through practice. No wonder, they say there’s nothing better than learning through practice. Free games offered by virtually any casino online in New Zealand exist for this purpose. Take your time, figure out your gaming style and try out some winning strategies to implement when playing big.
- Estimate how much money you’d be comfortable to wager. If you plan on playing slots or, scratch cards for example, you may think of an average deposit sum. While more exquisite games, such as baccarat or blackjack, may have you consider bigger sums would make sense.
- Decide on the game. If you ask any renowned gambler out there, he’d definitely name the game he is especially passionate about. It may be the game he started gambling with, or the one that brought him the most wins.
- Feel the vibe. The last but not the least important is that free games allow you to get the thrill of gambling that just won’t let you go. Besides, you might even feel like leaving the comfort of home and hit the brick-and-mortar casino. Well, free games will get you ready for that.
All the trusted online casinos at New Zealand from our exclusive list are generous about giving away freebies such as spins, bonus hours, no deposit cash, etc. You are free to use their offers without any obligations; to continue playing with one casino or go to another one, it's entirely up to you.
for real money
Why quality software is security for NZ players?
Your satisfaction from the gambling process dramatically depends on software providers and the quality of their product. It does not feel right to waste time on games with poor graphics or constant lags, does it?
We assure you that not a single respected casino online in NZ would permit that. Not only these casinos are powered by high-quality software, but they also offer mobile and desktop versions of their website for your convenience. Let’s briefly go over the advantages of each of them.
- Web-based are casinos that permit instant play right from your browser. You don’t need to bother downloading or installing anything - just come and play.
- Desktop casino is made for a single-click merge into the world of real gambling! All you have to do is to download the desktop app from your gambling provider's website and enjoy gambling with no extra efforts.
- Having a mobile version is a must for any respected casino today. You’ll definitely give it a thumb up if you are a mobile person yourself. Breathe a sigh of relief, coz you aren’t tied to your room having mobile casino on your phone.
Owners of mobile casino in New Zealand can conduct all financial operations from phone as well as play games with the same efficiency. Available for Android, Windows, iOS, they leaves you no chance to resist downloading and installing the app on your device absolutely free of charge.
Who creates NZ online casinos?
We want you to know and recognize each well-known software provider we trust and can recommend you without a shade of doubt.
Microgaming. As you might have noticed, Microgaming logo is placed virtually on every casino website chosen by Casinority. This one is the largest e-Gaming provider. And the party does not stop! Microgaming introduces at least 2 new items every month, which makes their existing gaming portfolios one of the richest among competitors - more than 850 casino games available on the best casino websites NZ.
NetEnt. This brand is well known in online casino industry since 1996 for its player top choice slot games and live dealer games. The key features of games by Net Entertainment is high level of customization, 3D graphics, and realistic qualities. There are more than 130 NetEnt instant casino games listed in 83 respected casinos online.
Playtech. Playtech is a father to a cult BeachLife - a slot game that has demonstrated just tremendous payouts. Other games by Playtech include
- video slots
- poker games
If you are a Marvel fan, you won’t go far wrong seeking for the best Marvel themed pokies from this gaming provider. Download desktop and mobile apps, or enjoy instant play of 300+ superb casino games from a browser.
Comfortable payments for gaming in NZ
Being able to make a deposit in a way you find the most suitable defines your satisfaction as a casino visitor. Luckily, NZ users have a handful of options to choose from!
- Credit and Debit Cards by Visa/Mastercard. These are well-known and accepted across the globe. Kiwi player can also benefit from a safe and reliable payment method offered by Visa. Yet, note that not all casinos allow to withdraw to Mastercard credit/debit cards. So, be sure you read terms and conditions carefully. Visa withdrawal may take from 3 to 5 business days.
- Wire transfers. Funds are transferred directly from your bank account to the casino. We would not recommend this option since it is quite slow and not anonymous - all transactions will show up in your bank statements.
- Prepaid and virtual cards. Many casino users prefer this method of payment due to its two undeniable advantages: it is fast and anonymous. PaySafeCard and EntroPay are the leading brand names in this category you simply couldn’t not have heard of.
- e-Wallet. Popular, easy to use, and anonymous - what else can one wish for? You can set up and account for free in a matter of minutes to use this amazing tool. In New Zealand, Skrill, Neteller, and EcoPayz rate the highest among users. It is also one of the quickest methods out there.
- POLi. One of the most used debit payment systems across NZ. POLi strikes with benefits going with it:
- high security level
- no registration required
- can be debited from a bank account
- allows transferring funds to another payment system.
As you see, there is no chance you are out of options here. Nevertheless, we advise you to check casino T&C as well as fees charged by your chosen payment method.
Legal status of gambling in New Zealand
For each gambling provider, having all legal matters settled is of a primary importance. Yet, before we dive into legal issues here, let us share with you 5 easy methods on how to tell a legitimate casino from a scam, so be all ears.
- The first and the easiest one to spot a scam casino is to Google it for scandals and other issues it was involved in. Sensations in a virtual world spread even faster than in real one. If there ever was something shameful about a casino, it will be very difficult not to find.
- The second sign is lack of certifications from at least one testing agency. Every online casino NZ has to be approved by an independent testing agency such as eCOGRA. The approval seal on page’s footer means that all the games are conducted in a fair and proper manner → you see a no scam casino.
- Another option is to check for phones, addresses of registration, and ownership. This method can give you three possible outcomes: 1) you find all the info you want right there on the website, 2) you don’t find this kind of info at all or 3) you gonna be redirected to pages or forums with different numbers and addresses so that you won’t know which one’s correct. Tip: click on the ‘Contact Us’ button and see where it takes you.
- Most casinos in New Zealand function under operating licenses of Kahnawake tribe and MGA. Thus, your casino has got to have an active license from at least one of these gaming authorities. MGA and Kahnawake seals is the best thing you can find to make sure the casino is okay. If the casino is licensed, don’t neglect to check it for other four criteria nonetheless.
- Finally, banking options. It may seem non-relatable, but having Visa, Mastercard, and Skrill among options makes it a legitimate online casino NZ.
In the last resort a respected casino will have its annual reports with payout rates and other info in open access. If you can’t find the report on the gambling provider website, chances are, it has got a little something to hide.
Win more with the best paying NZ casino
In gambling (and elsewhere), forewarned is forearmed. Which is why checking the website you decide to deposit real money to for reliability is the first trick you gotta do. In our Casino Legal Status section, we explained in detail how to tell a legal casino from some junk shop.
If you are still in doubt, there is another trick to bring them to light. Simply look for a number of online casino support and wait for the reply. Dubious casinos simply put the number that’s non-existent or don’t state any at all. If you get a reply, move to step two.
Casinos that users can trust don’t hide anything. Try looking for casino annual reports with revenues and payout rates stated for each period. While it may sound like a boring stuff, you can find some useful info there, such as the payout rate for a game of interest.
We want you to take the best out of your time spent with online casino. Which is why following our tips will greatly help you win and keep more.
- Don’t hunt for bonuses. Super-duper bonus offers can be deceiving sometimes. In fact, many low-quality casino websites lie about bonuses to make users sign up. Once you get into their sack, they take your money, leaving you with nothing.
- Check your casino for licenses and partnerships - independent agencies such as eCOGRA and other awards secure gaming site with their badge.
- Read reviews and feedbacks of other users. The best way to do it is to visit some gambling forum devoted to reviews of NZ online casino sites - chances are, someone else has a first-hand info on the casino you are looking for.
- Beware of new casinos. It does not mean you have to completely give up the idea of new and super hot offers from emerging casinos. Just be aware of the risks you take, especially if there are no ready-made reviews on the casino yet.
- Be aware of fees charged by the casino AND your banking provider. Interest rates may differ from casino to casino, that’s why you have to pick the most beneficial combination of low fee casino and banking provider to seamlessly withdraw and deposit money in NZD currency.
Being selective and cautious can play out in your favor, and in favor of your winnings! So don’t be shy to use and abuse our tips to get the most out of what casinos NZ offer today.
Online gambling in NZ: Wrap-Up
Gambling, being one of the most popular hobbies around the world, urges us to create ratings of the most popular casino sites to help you choose the best casino to play online. We aim to give you the most transparent info on how we test and rate online casinos, how to choose the best payment and withdrawal option and what things to pay attention to when identifying casino’s legality.
We want the resident of each country that is within our review spectrum to find answers to all question they might have. With this aim, we present exhaustive information on each and every aspect of online gambling you might come across - starting with choosing a casino and ending with cashout methods.
Playing online casino in New Zealand is an entirely safe and legal activity, as well as a hobby of many. Now you know that making your online gambling experience safe is your own responsibility. You have a virtual casino expert that knows all ins and outs of casinos online in the face of Casinority.com.
You can count on our advisory and recommendations as we do a compelling research to deliver the most up-to-date information about gambling.
No matter whether you are a new or an old visitor of NZD online casino world, you might have questions that you’d want us to answer. The first one would probably be something like: