Online Casinos in Switzerland: Legal Position & Top Sites
To make gambling in Switzerland not only accessible but also safe, in 2019, the local government amended the Federal Act on Games of Chance, making casinos legal once they are operated within the country and controlled by the country. Spielbankenkommission ESBK regulates their activity, and you can find all the licensed Swiss online casinos on the commission’s site or on this page.
Here at Casinority Switzerland, we want to highlight the current government’s position regarding online casinos, explain available payment methods, show bonuses, and compare legal Swiss online casinos, providing our expert opinion to estimate each brand. Be prepared for the review of jackpots.ch, mycasino.ch, casino777.ch, and 7melons.ch to see their strong and weak sides and find out which one will suit your preferences!
According to the affiliate disclosure, we need to inform you that this page contains affiliate links. We can receive a commission on casino deposits made by users via these links. However, we honestly rank online casinos and provide the Casinority Score based rating. Play responsibly and only in legal allowed countries!
Best online casino sites in Switzerland
Swiss Also Liked
Online Casino in Switzerland: Legal Position
Looking ahead and answering the main question, yes, online casinos in Switzerland are legal when operated and licensed within the country. This law makes Swiss gambling transparent, safe, and diversified. Offshore online casinos are prohibited, but this provides more opportunities for local market development.
Before the new law was amended, Swiss players could access only foreign casinos to gamble online. This caused the country to face some issues:
- The Swiss government couldn’t control gambling activity, so local players could face shady gambling sites.
- Millions of Swiss francs were spent on foreign casino sites, running out of the country, while the operators didn’t pay taxes.
- International sites could lack responsible gambling tools, providing for gambling addiction development in the country (a problem for at least 75,000 people annually).
Considering these problems, the government passed the new gambling law on June 10, 2018. In January 2019, it came into effect, and in July 2019, the government started to block international sites without licensing. This approach makes each Swiss online casino legit (for 18+ players) and allows the country to control gambling activity by providing safe conditions and receiving taxes accordingly.
Swiss Gambling Laws: Changes and Implementations
Today, the best casino sites in Switzerland are legal and regulated. But it wasn’t like this before. In 1921, the country prohibited all forms of gambling, and in 1993, certain forms were allowed.
In 2019, the laws changed significantly, allowing local online casinos and prohibiting all offshore sites.
The Best Legal Swiss Casinos: Comparison & Expert Opinion
Due to the new rules and wider opportunities for the market, you can find the best online casinos in Switzerland with a local license, transparent conditions, and bonuses.
The most outstanding ones are jackpots.ch, mycasino.ch, casino777.ch, and 7melons.ch, and we are here to describe and compare them to let you pick the best one according to the criteria you appreciate!
Top Online Casinos in Switzerland
- The best welcome bonus: Jackpots.ch
- The best verification bonus: Casino777.ch
- The best for jackpot games: Mycasino.ch
- The best birthday bonus: 7melons.ch
Jackpots.ch by Grand Casino Baden
Jackpots.ch is certified and licensed to operate in Switzerland:
- Nr. 516-003-01 Swiss license;
- ISO 27001 certificate).
Jackpots.ch stands out among Swiss online casinos due to its massive 1st deposit bonus: 100% up to CHF 1111 (wagering x30).
For now, it’s the highest 1st deposit bonus offer we have at our reviewed Swiss casinos.
After the first deposit, you can take advantage of bonuses on the following deposits:
- 2nd deposit bonus: 50% up to CHF 500
- 3rd deposit bonus: 75% up to CHF 600
- 4th deposit bonus: 100% up to CHF 700
Casino777.ch has more regular bonuses than jackpots.ch.
Available deposit options:
- Visa: Minimum deposit CHF 1/ Maximum deposit CHF 100 000
- Mastercard: Minimum deposit CHF 1/ Maximum deposit CHF 100 000
- PaysafeCard: Minimum deposit CHF 1/ Maximum deposit depending on the type
- Google Pay: Minimum deposit CHF 1/ Maximum deposit depending on the type
- Apple Pay: Minimum deposit CHF 1/ Maximum deposit depending on the type
- Aplauz: Minimum deposit CHF 1/ Maximum deposit depending on the type
- PostFinance: Minimum deposit CHF 1/ Maximum deposit depending on the type
Jackpots.ch is known as the first legal online casino in Switzerland, which makes it unique. Sadly, there is no filter by providers, but you can find games from these providers:
Minimum and maximum limits are also displayed for each game, which is convenient and allows Swiss players to pick a game according to their bankroll.
If you are looking for an excellent welcome bonus and want to play classic slots, we recommend visiting Jackpots.ch Casino.
Casino777.ch by Casino Davos
Casino777.ch is entirely legal in Switzerland, is mentioned on the Schweizer Casino Verband official site, and has a range of legal certificates:
- Swiss registration №516-008-01 license granted by the Federal Council;
- 2 Swiss Safety Center certificates – ISO 9001 and ISO 27001.
The first thing you can find is the welcome bonus promising 100% up to CHF 777 with x30 wagering. It’s not too high for such a big bonus, but some players would like it to be lower.
It’s also worth mentioning that the playthrough is counted as 100% on slots and only 10% on table games (blackjack, roulette and live games).
Jackpots.ch has better conditions for wagering on table and live games (90x at Jackpots.ch against 300x here). The same is with 7melons.ch, where the wager for tables is 90x too.
- Verification will brings you a free CHF 10 upon confirmation.
- Every 7th of the month brings a CHF 77 bonus added to your deposit.
- The casino will send you 77 Free Spins on your birthday.
Similar offers are available at 7melons.ch, but while the verification bonus is more significant.
Conveniently, Swiss players access four languages of the site (English, French, German, and Italian).
For deposit, you can use:
- Bank Transfer;
- Apple Pay.
Well, it’s a good range, but when you view the other casinos from our rating, you can see that their coverage is more comprehensive. So, for example, when depositing, you will be prompted to pick an amount of CHF 25–500 per transaction, though it may vary depending on the method.
When you try to deposit less than CHF 10, casino777.ch won’t accept this payment, so you need to consider this minimum. Yes, it’s a reasonable limit, but jackpots.ch will suit you more when depositing a low sum.
If you are looking for a casino with regular bonuses, we recommend visiting casino777.ch.
7melons.ch by Grand Casino Bern
Among Switzerland’s top online casinos, 7melons.ch by Grand Casino Bern is worth mentioning.
- №516-005/03-01 Swiss gambling license;
- ISO 27001 safety certificate.
7melons safe and secure online casino, has all the qualities to amaze you.
The list of games is splendid and allows you to sort games not only by the basic parameters but also by advanced features, including Megaways and Hold & Win. The same is available at mycasino.ch, but the latest is more convenient due to the section with progressive slots.
Welcome bonus is 100% up to CHF 1007. There is no time limit for reaching the playthrough conditions.
It’s outstanding since, at mycasino.ch, you need to wager the bonus within 30 days from offer activation, and jackpots.ch keeps your bonuses active within six months of the date of receipt.
7melons.ch vs Casino777.ch
7melons.ch and Casino777.ch have similar bonuses. Let's compare them.
|Verification bonus||CHF 15||CHF 10|
|Birthday bonus||25 Free Spins||77 Free Spins|
The playthrough at 7melons.ch is 30 times for slot machines and 90 times for table games, which is the same as you see at jackpots.ch , and this is much more attractive when it comes to complicated wagering on tables at casino777.ch (10% only) or the higher 35x wager at mycasino.ch.
For payments, you can choose from Visa/ Mastercard, Apple Pay, Paysafecard, PostFinance, TWINT, and Applause. The same range you access at other best Swiss casino sites.
And the weak sides to highlight are the absence of live chat and a support phone number.
If you are looking for a birthday bonus or bonus without a time limit, we recommend visiting 7melons.ch.
Mycasino.ch by Grand Casino Luzern
Mycasino.ch by Grand Casino Luzern licensed in Switzerland:
- registration number 326-12-01
It's another online casino in Switzerland that we recommend.
- The casino has phone support.
- Range of deposit methods like Twint, PostFinance, YAPEAL, Card payment (Debit/Credit/Prepaid), E-wallets, and Apple Pay, with guides and limits for each method.
- The minimum deposit limit is CHF 5 for Paysafecard.
Jackpots.ch, with its CHF 1 minimum deposit limit, is still the best offer for low deposits.
The games catalog is just as wide, covering the needs of both table games players and fans of slots. The unique things you will like about mycasino.ch are the separate jackpot section where you see progressive slots and their prizes. For example, Cash & Carry Shopping Spree and Trench Life.
There is a unique Beginner’s Guide you won’t find at other listed casinos.
This way, the games section will be appreciated by both newbies searching for some tips and high rollers enjoying progressive jackpots.
There are exclusive games and lots of convenient filters. 7melons.ch has just as helpful filters, while casino777.ch also boasts such filters, though we haven’t found a jackpot section and more advanced filters like Megaways and Bonus Buy there.
Mycasino.ch has a lower 1st deposit bonus of 100% up to CHF 300, which is lower than casino777.ch and jackpots.ch.
- Casino777: 100% up to CHF 777
- Jackpots: 100% up to CHF 1111
But it would help if you also considered that mycasino.ch offers a pack of free spins, and it’s vast since Swiss players get 200 free spins on Golden Rabbit.
You may be disappointed with the match bonus wager since it’s 35x, while casino777.ch and Jackpots.ch have a 30x wager, but don’t close your browser until you see the pack of 200 free spins since it’s completely wager-free, so it’s riskless and very beneficial.
If you want to play jackpot games, we recommend visiting mycasino.ch.
Games and software for Swiss players
For all who appreciates high quality gambling, it’s a must to check all the developers that provide the casino software to Swiss casinos where you consider playing to make sure that these software companies are truly respected and provide good gaming production. Here are a few examples of the best developers that provide casino software to Swiss players: NetEnt, Microgaming, Blueprint Gaming, Playtech, Play'n GO, Push Gaming, Betsoft
Ok, so, we’re done with discussing quality. What else needs to be taken into account while considering whether a Swiss casino of your choice meets your gambling expectations or not. To check it, first of all, you need to know whether you want to play a specific game or a game category or, perhaps, you’re interested in playing many different games.
According to your personal criteria, you might think it’s really crucial for you to play in a Swiss casino that can offer you over 1000 different games because you can try as many different options as possible. That’s a really important criterion for real diversity lovers.
What our experts suggest you though is that you disregard the games number and make your choice based on the games categories suggested by the casino. In such a way, you can be sure that your personal gambling preferences will be satisfied in a particular casino. The most popular game categories available in Swiss casinos are, obviously, slots, poker, roulette, baccarat, blackjack, table games etc. Some gamblers are particularly interested in less popular games categories, such as bingo, keno, scratch cards, loto, craps.
Another really breathtaking option if you choose to play in a Swiss online casino is to place
Sports bets on different sports events from local football matches to world championships. Besides, you can enjoy cool real life casino experience as you select instant play games with a live dealer.
Casino Payment Methods in Switzerland
Real money gambling on casino sites in Switzerland is legal and you will be offered to choose from top payment methods, including Visa/Mastercard, Aplauz, Apple Pay, bank transfer, paysafecard, PostFinance, TWINT, G pay, and YAPEAL. Currently, jackpots.ch has the largest range of available methods and offers CHF 1 as the minimum deposit. CHF 5 as the minimum limit as mycasino.ch is also attractive, and mycasino.ch is attractive due to YAPEAL on offer.
It’s also convenient that jackpots.ch has a detailed FAQ section highlighting payments, and mycasino.ch has a separate page with guides for each method. On all these Swiss casino sites, you need to consider that according to Art. 50 of the Gambling Ordinance, withdrawals may only be transferred to a payment account held in your name.
Bonuses at Swiss Online Casinos
Here in Switzerland, casino bonuses aren’t prohibited. Furthermore, they can vary, such as a welcome package or no deposit bonus.
According to our rating, jackpots.ch has the most extensive welcome package, bringing 100% up to CHF 1111, and mycasino.ch seems to have the lowest match bonus of 100% up to CHF 300, but it offers 200 wager-free bonus spins. But the same operator at mycasino.ch has the 35x playthrough condition for match bonuses, while all the others have only 30x. Regarding regular offers, the most outstanding casinos are 7melons.ch and casino777.ch since they both offer verification and birthday bonuses.
Facts About Gambling in Switzerland
All Swiss-licensed casinos follow specific rules and restrictions set by the government. Below, we’ll highlight some of these rules covering taxes, prohibited gambling activities, and just interesting facts about casinos and gamblers in Switzerland.
- Blood sports of all forms are entirely prohibited in Switzerland.
- Land-based gambling tax is 40% up to CHF 10 million per tax year, and online gambling tax is 20% up to CHF 3 million.
- Each top online casino in Switzerland is connected with a specific land-based casino regulated by the Swiss government (e.g., casino777.ch is powered by Casino Davos).
- According to Art. 50 of the Gambling Ordinance, withdrawals may only be transferred to a payment account held in your name.
- The legal gambling age in Switzerland is 18+, except for casinos in Graubünden canton, which are 21+.
- The most famous gambler in Switzerland is Linus Loeliger. His PokerStars nickname is LLinusLLove, and he is known for playing 140,000 tracked hands-on PokerStars and winning $1.4 million.
- The tax rate in Switzerland is the second highest in all of Europe.
- For players, wins from land-based casinos are tax-free and wins from licensed online casino Switzerland platforms up to CHF 1 million (€954 K) are also tax-exempt.
- The responsible gaming issue in Switzerland is serious, and all potential CH online casino sites need to develop social protection measures and annually report their results to Comlot.
- Nearly 73% of Swiss people voted in favor of the new Switzerland gambling laws.
- Swiss Internet providers can legally block access to offshore and blacklisted online casinos in Switzerland.
- Non-casino gambling is governed by Gespa, which was formerly known as Comlot.
Since the new amendments in the Swiss gambling industry were applied in 2019, they made the industry both well-regulated and accessible. As a result, it’s safe for players and makes the operators working in the country more competitive to please and attract players. And as offshore online casinos are now prohibited, our Swiss casino reviews are aimed at local legal brands. Therefore, each of the mentioned casinos is attractive and has both pros and cons.
That’s why we’ve done our best to let you compare these brands and pick an online casino with a license in Switzerland according to your budget, preferences, and needs.
- jackpots.ch - the most significant welcome bonus;
- mycasino.ch - best for progressive jackpot games;
- 7melons.ch and casino777.ch - best birthday and verification bonuses.
Yes, it is. Since 2019, the Federal Act on Games of Chance fully accepts online casinos once they are operated within the country, are controlled by the government, pay taxes in Switzerland, and provide corresponding responsible gaming tools.
The legal gambling age in Switzerland is 18.
Among legal Swiss online casinos, you find:
- jackpots.ch by Grand Casino Baden
- casino777.ch by Casino Davos
- mycasino.ch by Grand Casino Luzern
- 7melons.ch by Grand Casino Bern
They are all controlled by the Spielbankenkommission ESBK commission and are allowed to operate by the government.
Yes, all the Swiss casinos in our Casinorty rating are mobile-optimized, providing convenient services for iOS and Android devices.
We can highlight jackpots.ch due to its most extensive 1st deposit bonus of 100% up to CHF 1111. Plus, it’s worth mentioning mycasino.ch with 200 wager-free bonus spins. And 7melons.ch and casino777.ch are suitable for birthday and verification bonuses.
They all have online slots, table games, and live games. You’ll see bet limits displayed for each game at all casinos. At mycasino.ch, you’ll find convenient filters to see jackpot games and progressive prizes. Plus, all the recommended casinos have convenient filters.