How we choose Top 10 UK online casinos?
Casinority knows a thing or two about good online casinos UK and what criteria differentiates them from other, dubious or ‘rogue’ casinos. We also test online US casinos that accept UK players. We care that our visitors would not just blindly believe in our ratings but knew for themselves what and how we make them. Which is why, we present these criteria in a table below.
- Player Pool. Any trusted UK casino has a good client base that is expanding continually. You will find numerous positive reviews on such a casinos on the Internet. Users frequently share news about new offers in UK casino social media pages. They don’t need extra advertisement because their reputation is what draws people to play with them.
- License. All reliable UK online casinos are licensed by respectable gambling authorities. Yes, such organizations exist and they control and protect gamblers worldwide from fraudulent casino websites. The primary license for casino gambling in UK is the one from UK Gambling Commission. Other jurisdictions include Kahnawake, Antigua & Barbuda, Gibraltar, Malta, Curacao, and others.
- Fair Gaming. Legit UK casinos online advocate fair gaming for their users. You won’t find yourself tricked by an online dealer who manipulates the results once playing with one of legit casinos online. Auditing agencies like eCOGRA test provider’s games and the RNG (random number generator) implemented in them. Best casinos for online slot machines are especially in need of such certifications.
- Payout Rates. This is something you never gonna find on the website of an unreliable casino. Best online casinos UK that we recommend have their reports with payout rates for each game in open access. This % expresses how much of wagered money come back to users.
- Bonuses. While this word is associated with good things for many users, it might carry a negative connotation as well. Once you see a casino offers super lucrative bonuses that you can’t believe your eyes, do take a look at wagering requirements. Very often, the bonus itself isn’t worth giving a snap of your finger for it. WHY? ‘Cause wagering requirements make it impossible or almost impossible to cash it out.
What a good casino online UK looks like?
All these points considered, you know why it is crucial to choose a good online casinos for UK players and how to do it. However, it is not an easy process. Let us tell you how we do it and why our methods are bullet-proof against dubious casinos.
Casinos from our list are, by all means, the best UK online casinos known. Casinority rates them in accordance with factors stated above. This way, each and every British casino from the list of all UK online casinos that we selected has:
- Lots of regular users and high roller players
- Required licenses
- Responsible gaming practices
- PDF reports with payout rates
- Bonuses with realistic wagering requirements
However, there is so much more to it!
A good casino is a solvent casino, meaning that it has sufficient funds to pay its obligations to users. Of course, this is a part, which is impossible to check- until it's too late. The only way to make sure a UK online casino for real money is solvent is by checking how much time it has been on the market and if it has been paying off user’s wins regularly. Delays, technical issues and errors when withdrawing money is not something you will see on reliable casino websites.
Good casinos have high payout rates and payout times. Payout rates demonstrate the amount of money a casino gives back to users. In several casinos from our top list the payout rate reaches 98%, meaning that a casino gives back $98 out of $100 deposited back to users. How cool is that?
A good casino will allow you to withdraw money at least once a week without withholding your funds in any way. Later, we will talk about a ‘reverse withdrawal’ and decide whether it is a feature of a good casino or not. Meanwhile, all you have to know is that ability to withdraw money without complications is a characteristic feature of any worthy casino.
Good casinos are social media-friendly. Once it is a respected gambling provider, it will try to be close to its users. You can find the majority of top casinos and subscribe to them on Youtube, Twitter, Facebook or even Instagram. They use these channels to communicate about news, promotions, special offers, etc.
Good casinos have regularly updated blogs. While dubious casinos will have as few info as possible, normal ones will have many pages on their websites. These might be blog posts, tips and advice on how to win more, game rules, or any other information and resources that a gambler may find useful.
We also take into account a website’s reputation, time on the online casino market, interface, design, etc. Combination of these allows to line up chosen casinos from 1 to 10 to give you the best of the best list. You are welcomed to kindly check our quick video guide and find out all about the rating process in just 1 minute!
UK Online Casino Bonuses
In modern UK casinos online, claiming a bonus is nothing out of the ordinary. They are so common, in fact, that no respectable gambler would even look in the direction of a casino that offers no bonuses.
At the same time, you got to remember that free lunch rarely drops from the sky. And it applies to ‘free’ bonus offers as well. Here are the pay-attention-to bonuses that are worth the fuss.
- Welcome / Sign-Up Bonus. This is the best bonus a beginning or a new player of a casino can get. The package usually includes several kinds of bonuses such as match bonus on your first deposit, free spins, credits, cash, etc. You can get welcome package only once and you are allowed to withdraw it together with winnings after you meet wagering requirements.
- Match bonus. Match bonus is the percentage that your first, second or whatever bonus gets increased by. It can start with 50% and reach up to 200%! Supposedly, you come to a casino with £100 you plan on depositing and with 100% match bonus you get £200 on your account.
- Online casino No deposit bonus. You can receive this small bonus unconditionally - regardless of whether you’ll make your first deposit or not, or whether you ever gonna come back to a casino. As a rule it varies from £5 to £15 and, usually, it is not enough to enjoy the game.
- Credits. Casino credits are basically free to play bonuses given by a casino to grant users some gambling freedom. Credits are equivalent to cash and can be converted at user’s will.
- Free Spins. Out of all online casino games, free spins are leaders for British gamblers due to easy rules and relaxation they offer to players. That’s why free spins are almost always included in welcome packages of many casinos online. Free spins are as money-winning as spins you wager on with real money.
- Cashbacks. Even though you might have been really unlucky the previous week, you might return to a casino and find some extra cash. What happened? The casino compensated some of your losses so that you would have more chances to start wagering successfully again.
- Bonus for inviting a friend. If your friend follows your invite link, gets registered and deposits his or her first sum - you or you and your friend are to receive some cash incentives from a casino.
- Loyalty bonus. Different casinos have different names for this one, however, the essence stays the same. You stay with a casino for some time, while being an active gambler, and the casino will express its gratitude in the form of a loyalty bonus.
Supposedly, you know what kinds of bonuses there are and what to do with them. But how one claims them and what’s the process? Let Casinority quickly guide you through the casino online bonus - claiming process.
1 - Picking a casino with most suitable bonus offers. If you plan to start playing big right away, 100% or even 200% match bonus offers will work best for you. If your plan is to play pokies, you gonna need more free spins. If you are not ready to deposit real money yet - a casino with free demo account possibility is your option.
2 - Going through a registration process. Obviously, you are not getting anything without signing up. Our list of top 10 UK casino online has all casinos with a super simplified registration process, so you won’t even notice it. You just need to insert your email address, come up with a unique (!) password and type it in twice. After that, you will receive a confirmation email from a casino. And that’s it.
3 - After your sign-up process is over, you will receive a bonus code that you can type into a required field. Just click enter and receive your bonuses right away.
4 - Many casinos will ask you to set up your deposit (and withdrawal sometimes) method before or after getting your bonus code. To cut the long story short, we recommend you do it right after the registration. This way you won’t have to wait extra time during your first withdrawal because your casino needs some time to process the operation.
To wind up this bonus section, here are several quick facts that you must know about casino online bonuses.
- Sign up or welcome bonus is the most generous bonus you gonna get. So choose the casino with the most lucrative bonus you can find.
- No big bonuses come without wagering requirements.
- Minor bonuses can be given to you regardless of whether you’ve made a deposit or not but the tastiest ones only come after your money is deposited.
- Playing with your own money + with bonuses makes the available amount increased.
- You cannot withdraw money until your first deposit is made; and you, surely, cannot withdraw bonus funds until wagering requirements are met.
What are Wagering Requirements?
According to the Casinopedia definition, this is “a limit placed by a bookmaker or casino on how many times a bonus must be wagered before it is eligible to be withdrawn as cash.” As a rule, only the amount of bonus or free spins is shouted out about. The things you need to do to get them are usually stated in small print.
Wagering requirements are always present, unless it is a ‘no-wagering’ requirement casino or the bonus is said to have none. In other cases, these requirements and bonuses are inseparable. And it is your responsibility to look for them and read carefully not to develop unrealistic expectations beforehand.
Overall, you have to be selective when it comes to bonuses, because, very often, it does not look as well as it is painted. However, with our list of the best online casinos in the UK, you don’t have to worry about it.
Testing british online casino
We do a great job testing each online casino to recommend you only the most secure and fair-play providers. Surely, review websites like Casinority don’t do the full testing - it is a responsibility of the relevant agencies. What we do is checking if every logo, license, certifications that have to be present are there.
Here’s our checklist of items and features that we check our casinos for:
- Licenses and certifications
- Reliable software providers
- Variety of banking methods
- Affiliate programme
- Active customer service
- Number and quality of games
- Time on the market
- User feedbacks and reputation
We carefully check each selected casino as to how well they meet each of these requirements and give the mark. Once we’ve given all the marks, the rating is formed.
Licenses from the Malta Lotteries and Gaming Authority, the Curaçao Gaming Control, Alderney Gambling Commission, or the UK Gambling Commission is a must have. These independent auditing agencies do the profound testing of casino website and games. In particular, they test whether the RNG (random number generator) gives away random results as it should and whether live dealer games are conducted in a fair manner.
Casinos that have nothing to hide will not conceal badges, logos, addresses and phones. One of the easiest things that we do to check website’s reliability is checking the support. Very often, unreliable casinos just put random phone number on the website because it simply does not have any customer support representatives. If the number is ok and you are connected to a casino, wait till someone replies and ask a question. In this case, you’ll know whether you will have someone to rely on when real situation occurs.
Since ‘reputation’ of a casino is difficult to estimate in numbers, we resort to user reviews of UK casinos. From such reviews, we can figure out how well a casino treats its users and whether there are too many negative feedbacks on the Internet.
Testing online casinos takes a lot of time and money. That’s right, we give online casino real money to see how well they fulfill their promises. If we see that all bonuses are received and banking options work fine, we consider a casino to be reliable. However, we make the conclusion only after we manage to withdraw some money.
for real money
Playing games at Top UK casinos
The next question that interests you as a casino player is “What is there to play?” We all know that bonuses are good but not having a decent choice of games can be disappointing. So what UK casino games online do users traditionally seek at online casino sites?
- Online Casino Roulette
We all have seen or played roulette since it is one of the most exciting casino games. It keeps you in suspense, it makes you want to develop tactics and tricks to win. Yet, it is impossible because each result is completely random and does not depend on the previous result or results. You can have all reds 10 times in a row and it doesn’t mean that the next one is more likely to be black.
- Online Video Poker
Video poker is a five card draw poker played on a console. You can also enjoy playing video poker from your PC as well as play it from mobile online casinos.
- Pokies (Slots)
In the United Kingdom, as well as in many other developed countries, online pokies are on top of popularity. Visitors of online and land-based casinos adore this game for its simplicity and a number of variations to choose from. Fruit slots, 3-reel or 7-reel, themed slots - anything that’s in your style.
- Live Dealer Games
It does not matter that you are in a virtual casino - with live dealer games you can feel the atmosphere of a real casino without leaving your house. With modern technologies streaming games with dealers that are located in another city or country is not a problem. Live dealer games are powered by high quality software from providers like Microgaming, Playtech, NetEnt, etc.
There is plenty of tables and other types of games available in online casinos. We can’t list them all because each game is unique and has its fans. Online casinos frequently update their gaming portfolios and introduce more unique and fun games to their clients.
While modern games presented by the best online casinos UK are super entertaining and fun to play, not all users take the most out of this experience. Here’s what we talking about.
Mistakes Players Make when online gambling in UK
The majority of players fail to realize the fact that they play against machines. Poker and slot machines, unlike human beings, do not have emotions and feelings - they are run by algorithms. Even though we all know that, we keep getting mistaken over and over again.
Gambler’s fallacy is a common disbelief of gamblers that outcomes are somehow connected. However, if not to dive deep into the theory of probability, all outcomes are (at least should be) purely random. Thus, hoping that betting on red after a row of blacks gets you closer to the win is wrong.
Another mistake made by sleepless gambling enthusiasts is playing all nights long. Giving yourself time to recharge is better than playing till you drop, losing all your money and never returning back to gambling again.
Finally, playing is alright but security comes first. Before getting down to play any game of choice for real money, make sure you’ve done everything from your side to grant your security. Just follow these security tips and always play safe.
- Come up with a unique password that you haven’t used on other sites. One pass for everything is a bad habit of many but when it comes to money, it is better to be on the safe side.
- Use password generator for better security. We recommend passwords that consist of random upper and lower case letters, symbols, and numbers. And, once again, you should not use it on any other website.
- Do not ignore security questions. Security questions don’t exist to annoy you or to take much of your time. In fact, they serve as a powerful protective mechanism if someone tries to hack your account. Who, except you and your family, knows the name of your first dog or the maiden name of your mother? That is why security questions can’t be ignored.
- Came up with a super-secure password two years ago? It is not more secure than 12345 anymore. Try to change it at least once every half a year not to give scams a chance.
- Don’t respond to or click on the links from suspicious emails. Any letter that asks you to enter your username and pass (if it is not a verification email from a casino) is surely a scam.
We want to make sure that these tips will help you stay out of trouble. Remember to check each of them before playing games with your own or bonus money.
Extra tip: learn the rules before started playing. Many British gamblers start playing games having read the rules once and not even sure they’ve understood everything. Casinority recommends learning from visuals (like step-by-step tutorials with pictures or videos from Youtube). Also, learning while playing is possible with demo accounts.
Software and mobile online casinos in UK
Needless to say, the top trusted online casinos use software from leading providers renowned worldwide. They are the following:
- Real Time Gaming
There are many other software providers, however, the partnership with the ones above definitely speaks in favor of any casino online. These brand names are associated only with high-quality games and fair gaming.
- NetEnt emerged in 1996 and keeps its top positions ever since. This company based in Sweden produces highly praised games that even the most demanding users find amazing.
- Playtech brand is associated with astonishing progressive jackpot games, some of which turned many people into millionaires. With almost 20 years on the market, Playtech cannot but give only the best to its users.
- Microgaming never stops to amaze. This software provider is, with no exaggeration, the most well-known and rated #1 by many casinos. It comes up with new games and soft solutions regularly, which is why it stays on top for so long.
An important thing that casinos from out top 10 list can are among the best UK mobile casino sites. If you go to a casino’s website and it offers you to download mobile casino for Android/iOS/Windows, desktop version for your computer, etc., it is a sure sign that your casino generates enough revenue to afford that.
Mobile apps by software developers like Microgaming, NetEnt, and others, make an equivalent to computer version. And it goes with numerous advantages as well. You can deposit and cash out money, play games, make changes in settings from any location and any device. To users who have rare brands of smartphones, soft providers create apk files that are possible to download and install on any device.
Why software is so important?
Users who have no clue about ways to differentiate a reliable casino from unreliable, very often become victims of unfair gaming practices. Here’s what might happen.
- Software errors that occur during or after winning sessions. The problem with it is that rogue casinos may refuse to pay you your winnings alleging software problems. Yet, very often they are made intentionally to deprive you of your money.
- They won’t allow you to withdraw the amount you want claiming that some technical issues happened or some other unbelievable reasons they come up with. Or they can simply send you the amount of money, which is much less than that you cashed out.
- Missing money. Frequently, users of dubious casinos find out that the money from their account is missing. What is even more disappointing, if you haven’t made screenshots, there is no way you can prove you’ve ever had that money.
- Glitches in the game. Software of a poor quality cannot guarantee that no glitches are going to happen in the process. And with unreliable gambling providers, investigations of such cases are just drawn out into a lifetime special.
You can stay confident that leading providers won’t allow you to find yourself in any of the uncomfortable situations from above. They guarantee you smooth and glitchless gaming as well as safety and security of your personal data and funds.
Withdraw money in UK online casinos
Ability to deposit and cash out money fast and easy is extremely important to any British gambler. Who’d like to spend hours setting up payment method and then waiting for days until the money arrives? This is why, we are giving you the list of casinos that have the fastest payouts and a variety of banking options.
Among the most well-known banking options that frant instant withdrawal in UK casino are e-wallets, wire transfers, credit and debit cards, e-cheque, and others. Let’s discuss several banking options that British players trust the most:
- Visa / MasterCard - the main advantage of these is that everyone has them and knows them. Besides, you can deposit money to a casino even if you have zero on your account by borrowing money from the bank. There are no transaction fees and you can have them for free. Just go to any bank of your location and state which processor (Visa or MasterCard) you prefer.
- PayPal - this ewallet have conquered the hearts of millions of people all over the world. It is possible to set up an account with one email, and it does not take much time at all. At the same time, you don’t have to pay fees and withdrawal takes up to 24 hours! With PayPal you can easily make payments on such global trade websites like Amazon or eBay as well as make and receive transactions from individuals all over the world.
- Skrill - not as popular as the previous one, yet is growing in demand. There are as many as 15 million users so far - and there’s more to come. Both deposit and withdrawal are instant with a nominal fee charged. Skrill is very convenient to use if you are a freelancer and is a preferred withdrawal method of many gamblers as well.
- NETELLER - a trusted e-wallet that also charges as much as £5 per transaction. The money’s worth it because you receive high quality services and instant transactions both ways.
- Wire transfer is a method for those who couldn’t care less about when they gonna get their money. Yep, it takes a while (3-7 days), but is still used by many.
We don’t think users from the UK will have any problems finding a suitable banking option for themselves. Whether you want to use your own or borrowed money, whether you are ready to pay interest or not - there is a way out for you in any case.
Take note that withdrawal time also depends on your dating provider. The majority of casinos have a ‘reverse withdrawal’ feature, which holds your money on your account for some time. This time is sufficient for a casino to check your info and withdrawal details and, this way, ensure a safe and secure transaction. At the same time, you can change your mind and decide to keep playing with a casino with this money instead of taking them out, - which any gambling provider hopes for.
Pay attention to your casino requirements and preferred banking methods as well. Frequently, casinos offer additional bonuses for users who choose banking provider they promote. Also, not all methods fit for both deposit and withdrawal, which might not be very convenient. However, if you prefer to deposit money from one account and receive it to another one, there is no problem at all. Simply have them both set up and move on to the most fun part.
Tips to pick a secure UK casino sites
New online casinos emerge virtually every week. There are so many of them that you can’t keep track of new bonuses and offers emerging.
That’s why we want to give you some hints that gonna help you move in the right direction when choosing one of hundreds online casino sites UK.
- Read reviews and check ratings. Casinority.com and many other online review websites are casino watchdogs that continually test and monitor online casinos. The main goal of sites like ours is to give you a transparent info on each gambling provider to make sure you cooperate with best in the industry.
- Google a casino by name. If a casino has been involved in some scam or fraudulent activities, you will definitely find news articles or blogpost about it. However, it is better not to read the comments of random users, because it might get you confused. The truth is that satisfied customers rarely leave comments, while dissatisfied users are much more likely to do so. That’s why it will be difficult to get an unbiased vision just from reading all those comments.
- Look at bonuses carefully. Any casino can offer you this and that but how can you be sure that they will keep their promises? In order not to allow to draw yourself into a delusion, take time to figure out the bonus system. Wagering requirements should be your primary concern.
- Check payment/withdrawal options. If you see some banking methods that you haven’t come across before and not a single famous provider, that is a red flag not to miss. Usually, licensed casinos work with as licenced and accredited banking providers, so consider that as well.
- Be careful with new casinos. Traditionally, the latest UK casino sites offer the most lucrative bonuses that make it difficult to resist them. Yet, take into account that bad casinos may have no intention to fulfill their promises and will come up with unbelievable excuses not to give the money to you. Which is why, if you are confident you want to go with a new casino for UK players, make sure you pick the one tested and rated by us.
As long as you consult with Casinority.com, you play with safe and reliable gambling providers of online casino industry UK. We do the testing for each casino once, however, we monitor and update info about them on a regular basis. Thus, you always have the most up-to-date and fact checked information right at your fingertips.
We, at Casinority.com try to improve our services to test and rate even more gambling websites that we can find online. Our aim is to help British players find decent gambling provider and have the most amazing and money-winning experience.