UK Online Casinos
British people have been involved in gambling for many centuries so far. Even at times when all gambling facilities were forbidden across the state, gambling would remain popular. Good news is that online casino sites UK are legal these days. So, you are definitely longing for the best online gambling UK experience ever, huh? Not a problem, dear friend. Using this UK online casino guide, you will easily find the best British online casinos out of so many online gambling sites UK available on the web.
List of UK online casinos
United Kingdom Gambling Statistics
As you might have guessed already, gambling is immensely popular in Great Britain. According to Gambling Commission findings, as many as 47% of people have gambled in the past four weeks, while 21% have played in all UK online casinos within the same frame of time.
Check out the British most favourite gambling activities:
- Dog races — 79.5%
- National lottery draws — 75.2%
- Bingo — 69%
- Horse races — 65.4%
- Football pools — 63%
- Casino games — 56%
- Another lottery — 61.7%
- Virtual dog or horse races — 66%
- Sports betting — 42.2%
- Betting on other events — 54.3%
- Spread betting — 40%
Talking about UK online casino enthusiasts, 50% of online gamblers have gambled through a mobile in the past four weeks, while 15% of online UK casino gamblers played in the workplace. Moreover, 56% of gamblers on the web have several online casino UK accounts. In fact, it’s quite a wise strategy to have several UK casinos online accounts since it’s the best way to test real money gambling in a few best online casinos in UK before you can decide which one is truly better.
As for the gambling awareness in Great Britain:
- 51% of the respondents have seen a gambling ad on TV within the last week;
- 29% agreed that gambling is conducted fairly and can be trusted;
- 43% associate gambling with crime.
Good news is that despite gambling is absolutely legal in the UK (learn more details in the corresponding section below) the problem gambling issue isn’t really grave as only 0.5%
of English players aged 16+ have been classified as problem gamblers according to the PGSI or DSM-IV.
Interestingly to find out, 54.5% of gamblers aged 18-24 believe to be profitable players of casino sites UK. Just observe how their confidence of being profitable players is gradually fading based on the age: 30.7% confidence of the 25-34 aged, 20.8% for the 35-44 aged, and 16.4% for the 45-54 aged. Be aware that your confidence means nothing though and it’s really important to set the gambling budget and stop playing as soon as it’s close to zero. Never exceed it or else you may well suffer from problem gambling, which is definitely not cool.
Needless to say, gambling industry is extremely profitable for the state’s economy. In 2019, the total number of the British working in the gambling industry is as many as 102,782, which is in fact 5.5% less than the previous year. According to Statista, in 2019, there were 1060 gambling enterprises. 470 of them have only several employees, while 65 enterprises have employed over a hundred people each. There are also about ten thousand British people working for the remote gambling industry.
To give you even more financially focused perspective, within the period from April 2018 to Mar 2019, the total gross gambling yield (GGY) in the United Kingdom has reached £14.4 bn, which is in fact 0.3% less than the previous year. According to the Gambling Commission, out of this huge sum, £1.1 bn was collected from the UK land-based casinos, while as much as 37% was received from the remote betting, bingo, and online UK casinos, which is the approximate total of about £5.3 bn. In fact, £2.1 bn of the mentioned sum comes from UK casino online slots, which shows the importance of this particular type of casino UK online games.
In 2019, there were as many as approximately 30.99 million gamblers across Great Britain who registered in UK casinos as new players.
History Of Gambling In UK Timeline
- 1539 — The first recorded horse racing event was held in Chester.
- 1541 — The Unlawful Games Act illegalized gambling in order to prevent its pernicious effect on military training. Needless to say, gambling was immensely popular during many centuries before the legal ban of 1541.
- 1566–1569 (the rule of Queen Elizabeth) — The first national public lottery was launched in England to raise money for repairing the harbors. Another reason for the lottery establishment was to help The Virginia Company of London to settle at Jamestown, USA by raising money for that.
- 1671 — King Charles II was a jockey on horse races. He was deeply in love with horse racing, so he built a palace close to where the races took place at that time.
- 1710–1714 (the reign of Queen Anne) — £9,000,000 was collected to the state budget from lotteries. £2,734,000 of the total sum was paid out to the lottery winners.
- 1775–1783 (the American war) — Lotteries remained the essential source of income for the crown.
- 1826 — The English State Lottery had the final lottery before being closed by the government.
- 1845 — The Gaming Act legalized all games of skill as well as simplified gambling houses regulation by announcing cheating a crime.
- 1906 — The Street Betting Act allowed street betting for the moralistic middle-class provided they make only small bets .
- 1928 — The Racecourse Betting Act was enacted to regulate the horse races betting.
- 1934 — The Betting and Lotteries Act was enacted to legalize greyhound races betting.
- 1947 — The Pool Betting Duty was enacted to collect taxes from the enthusiasts of football pools, which was an immensely popular gambling activity at that time.
- 1960 — The Betting and Gaming Act legalized land based casinos and bingo halls, which was a substantial breakthrough in the British gambling history.
- 1994 — The National Lottery was established.
UK Online Gambling Laws
According to The Gambling Act 2005, it’s absolutely legal to play on all UK casino sites available for players from England as well as Wales and Scotland. As for Irish online casinos, they have different legal gambling regulations, so you’d better check them out separately.
The main goal of the Gambling Act 2005 is basically to regulate all gambling activities available for the British gamblers. Technically, gambling activities in the United Kingdom are regulated by the governmental Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport as well as the United Kingdom Gambling Commission.
In fact, the United Kingdom Gambling Commission was created in 2005 to regulate lotteries, slot machines, betting, casinos, bingo, arcades, and remote gambling. Another important responsibility and authority of the United Kingdom Gambling Commission is to license all the land based and online casino websites UK, both local and offshore.
So that you know, according to The Gambling (Licensing and Advertising) Act 2014, only those online casinos UK that are licensed by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission are legal to play with. The rest of the offshore online casinos in the UK that don’t have the licence issued by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission are considered illegal. However, there might be some exceptions if an online casino United Kingdom is licensed by other trustworthy gambling commissions, such as Malta Gaming Authority and others.
How To Choose The Best UK Casino Online?
Casinority knows everything there is to know about United Kingdom online casinos and what criteria differentiates best online casinos UK from rather dubious or so called rogue casinos. We care that our visitors would not just blindly believe in our top UK casino online ratings but also know for themselves what and how we make our recommended UK online casinos list. Which is why we list the essential rating criteria below.
1. Player Pool. Every single top online casino UK has a good client base that is expanding continually. You will find numerous positive reviews on such UK casino sites on the Internet. Users frequently share their own recommendation list of UK online casinos on the relevant social media pages. That’s why this kind of online casinos United Kingdom don’t need extra advertisement because their reputation is what draws people to play with them.
2. License. All reliable UK's online casino sites are licensed by respectable gambling authorities who control and protect gamblers worldwide from fraudulent gambling websites. The primary license that is actually a must for all UK's online gambling sites is the one issued by the UK Gambling Commission. Another acceptable license is the one by the Malta Gaming Authority and other gambling commissions with good reputation.
3. Fair Gaming. Legit sites from the online casino list UK online advocate fair gaming for their users. You won’t find yourself tricked by an online dealer who manipulates the results once playing with one of legit casinos online. Auditing agencies like eCOGRA test provider’s games and the RNG (random number generator) implemented in them.
4. Payout Rates. This is something you never gonna find on the website of any unreliable site from all UK online casino list. Best online casinos UK that we recommend have their reports with payout rates for each game in open access. This % expresses how much of wagered money actually comes back to users.
5. Bonuses. While this word is associated with good things for many users, it might carry a negative connotation as well. Once you see a casino offers super lucrative bonuses that you can’t believe your eyes, do take a look at wagering requirements. Very often, the bonus itself isn’t worth giving a snap of your finger for it. WHY? Because wagering requirements make it impossible or almost impossible to cash it out.
Make sure to keep all these criteria in mind while selecting a good online casino in UK that you want to play with. In the following section, you can also check out the best gambling websites that perfectly correspond to our rating criteria stated above.
Best UK Online Casino Sites
In the table below, you can check out our exclusive best UK casino list where you can find top 10 UK online casinos that we highly recommend to you!
While choosing out of these top UK online casinos, pay attention to the available bonuses section since the range of bonuses is a truly important criterion for many players of casinos online UK.
Also, make sure to carefully check the ‘what’s cool’ section of each of these best UK based online casinos to get an overall impression of each of the top 10 online casinos UK.
In case you want to read even more detailed online UK casino reviews, make sure to check our top UK casino websites reviews out right in the following section below.
|UK casinos||Bonus Info||What’s Cool|
|Rizk||Fast withdrawals, World’s leading developers, Lots of slot games, Decent withdrawal limit, 24/7 customer support in a live chat, Mobile friendly, Myriads of bonuses, including live casino bonuses, No fee for deposits and withdrawals.|
|Yako||Decent wagering requirements, One of the best licenses in the online gambling niche, Numerous seals of trust, An impressive number of games in the lobby, Play for fun mode is allowed for some games, Many famous software developers are represented, Both Live chat and phone number are available for Customer Support.|
|777||Progressive Jackpots are available, withdrawal limit – $30000 per month, many bonuses, fast payouts.|
|All British||British atmosphere is perfectly represented on the website, Extremely high withdrawal limit, Fast payouts, Wide variety of gaming options, Licensed, safe, and reliable casino.|
|Betway||One of the best licenses in the industry, High payout percentage, Sports and esports betting is offered, Low wagering requirements, Big games library plus sports betting, Live Dealer Games are presented, No Demo play mode for visitors.|
|888||Informative and comprehensive platform showing all the info to the user, Sleek mobile functioning, Stylish design, Attractive bonuses, Numerous languages.|
|Karamba||Welcome — € 200 + 100 FS||Min dep $10, Fast Payouts, 128-bit SSL encryption, available on different devices, exclusive games selection, sports games and betting, diversity of bonuses, live chat is available 24/7.|
|Casumo||Low wagering requirements (only x30), Many providers, big games library, Convenient and intuitive navigation, Play for fun mode is available.|
|Dunder||Three actual licenses from different gaming authorities, High payout rate, Several well-known software providers are represented, Huge choice of games, Games are conveniently divided into categories, Wagering requirements comprise only x30 the amount of the bonus.|
|Ignition||Decent bonuses, Low wagering requirements, Live Chat available, Modern design and comprehensive navigation.|
Top Online Casinos UK Reviewed
- Rizk is surely among the top rated online casinos licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority and the UK Gambling Commission, so it’s perfectly legal to play with. It’s also the best payout online casino UK.
Rizk lets you play over 600 games that are divided into rather weird categories: Trending, Hourly Jackpots, Have You Tried?, Latest Releases, Jackpot, Captain Rizk’s Picks, Santa’s Selection, High Volatility, Featured Games, Re-Spin, Free Spins, Sticky Wilds, Dark Side, Table Games, Classic Slots, and Video Poker. These games have been produced by the top-tier developers such as BetSoft, Microgaming, NextGen Gaming, Pragmatic Play, Thunderkick, Evolution Gaming, Play n Go, Quickspin, NetEnt, Yggdrasil Gaming, and Red Tiger Gaming. What also makes Rizk cool based on our online casino ratings is the wide range of available bonuses that include Rizk free spins bonuses, Vacation Bonuses, Live Casino Bonuses, and Race Bonuses.
There are really tons of bonuses available for each of the above mentioned types, so you’d better check them all in our more detailed review or right on the Rizk website, which would be even better in fact.
- Yako is another best online casino UK based on our online casino reviews UK and ratings. This online casino UK 2020 is licensed by Malta Gaming Authority, which is undoubtedly one of the most reputable licenses in the world. Which certainly makes Yako a safe online casino UK. In Yako, which is one of the best NetEnt casinos, you can play over 700 games including jackpots. In addition to Netent, Yako gaming software includes Novomatic, Blueprint, ELK, High 5 Games, Evolution Gaming, Microgaming, Amatic, BigTime Gaming, IGT, NextGen and many others. Yako is also among our recommended casinos with PayPal deposit as well as withdrawals. Yako is also an instant withdrawal casino UK. Mind the speed of cash outs may take from instant to 7 business days based on the banking option that you use.
- 777 is surely among the top casino websites UK licensed by the Licensing Authority of Gibraltar and United Kingdom Gambling Commission. 777 games have also been licensed by Ireland's Revenue Commissioners as well as approved by eCOGRA, which certainly makes 777 among the best UK online casinos that are absolutely reliable and safe. In 777, you can play Jackpots, Slots, Roulette, Live Casino, and Card Games. There are 150 gaming titles available in this best UK online casino lobby, so it’s definitely not among the biggest UK online casinos. 777 games are available on all devices, which makes 777 among the best Mac online casinos as well. In addition to the extremely generous welcome bonus of € 1300, this UK best online casino also lets you taste Live Casino offers, VIP bonuses, and the daily Daily Bonus offers that include cashback, free spins, free play, match up offers etc.
What also sets 777 among the top casinos online UK is quite a wide range of the available banking options, specifically, Instant Banking, Visa, EcoPayz, Visa Debit, MasterCard, Trustly, Visa Electron, EPS, Yandex Money, instaDebit, Entropay, QIWI, Citadel Instant Banking, Bank Wire Transfer, Nordea, Skrill, Neteller, iDEAL, PayPal, Paysafecard and many other less known payment systems.
- All British is surely a trusted UK online casino, which is proven by its two licenses issued by the Malta Gaming Authority and the UK Gambling Commission. It’s also among no download online casinos, so you can enjoy instant gambling any time you decide to play for real cash. All British is surely from our recommended list of UK casino sites since here you can play free video slots as well as other cool online casino real money games such as Slots, Live Casino, Table Games, Progressive Jackpot Games, Video Poker, British Favs, New Games, Tournament Games, and Hot Games. As you can see, even though All British is not among the new gambling sites, you can still play some new games here! What also puts All British to our recommended online casinos UK list is its fast payouts of 0–24 hours for using EWallets and 3-5 days for Bank Transfers. Besides, there’s an extremely high withdrawal limit of as much as 5000 GBP per day, which is very rare even for the best Bitcoin casinos as well as websites accepting other payment options
- Betway is among the top rated online casinos UK for a number of good reasons. First of all, Betway is licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority and the UK Gambling Commission, which evidently makes it among the trusted online casinos for UK players. Betway is among top UK casinos online where you can play not just 500 casino games, but also be engaged in some cool virtual sports. Evidently, jackpots are also available here, which also sets Betway among the best online casinos UK. What is rather disappointing about playing with Betway and some other best online casino sites UK is that their reputation is so good that they don’t need to attract more gamblers using tasty bonuses. That’s why Betway is not among those casino sites no deposit. In fact, you won’t get any other bonuses except for the welcome offer.
Top-Tier Land Based UK Casinos List
Should you be interested not only in British online casinos, but also in the best UK casino offers for land based gambling, you are highly welcome to look through the best UK casinos that are land based. The ones listed below are definitely trusted UK casinos. Each of these top UK casinos can offer you lots of exciting games of different types as well as amenities where you can get rest from gambling. Look through this UK casino guide to find the most appealing land based gambling facility for you!
Aspers Casino Newcastle
Aspers Casino Newcastle has the total gambling area of 65,000 sq/ft, which makes it quite a large gambling venue. Aspers Newcastle was established on September 17, 2010, so it’s been operating for about ten years so far.
Aspers Newcastle gaming selection includes:
- 20 poker tables;
- 27 table games;
- 90 gaming machines.
- Available games>: Blackjack, Roulette, Slot machines, 3 Card Poker, Wheel of Fortune, Electronic Roulette, Punto Banco, No Limit Holdem.
Amenities: Aspers Newcastle Poker Room, Newcastle upon Tyne Hotels, Aspers Sports Bar, Tanzibar, Freya’s Restaurant.
- Address: 117 Newgate St, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 5RZ, UK
- Phone: +44 191 255 0400
- Open: 24/7
Genting International has the total gambling area of 59,180 sq/ft, which makes it quite a large gambling venue. Genting International was established on October 21, 2015, so it’s been operating for about five years so far.
Genting International gaming selection includes:
- 31 table games;
- 100 gaming machines.
- Available games: Blackjack, Baccarat, Slot machines, 3 Card Poker, 21+3, Electronic Roulette, Electronic Blackjack, American Roulette, Blackjack Perfect Pairs, Blackjack Aces, Top 3, NL Texas Hold'em
Amenities: Genting International Poker Room, Genting Hotel at Birmingham, Santai Medispa, Cineworld IMAX Cinema
Venues: High Line New York Bar and Lounge, Late Bar, Sports Bar, Coffee Bar, The World Bar, Sky Bar
Restaurants: Robata Bar & Grill, Fahrenheit Grill
- Address: Pendigo Way, Marston Green, Birmingham B40 1PS, UK
- Phone: +44 121 273 1100
- Open: 24/7
The Hippodrome Casino London
The Hippodrome Casino London has the total gambling area of 65,000 sq/ft, which makes it quite a large gambling venue. The Hippodrome London was established on July 13, 2012.
The Hippodrome London gaming selection includes:
- 45 table games;
- 123 gaming machines.
- Available games: Blackjack, Roulette, Baccarat, 3 Card Poker, CasinoWar, Electronic Roulette, Pai Gow, Midi Punto Banco, Dice, NL Texas Hold'em, Pot Limit Omaha, Tournaments.
Amenities: Poker Stars London, London Hotels, Smoking Terrace, The Cranbourn Bar, Convention Center, DraftKings Lounge, Theatre, Lola's UndergroundCasino.
Restaurants: Heliot Steak House, Heliot Cocktail Bar & Lounge
- Address: Cranbourn St, Leicester Square, West End, London WC2H 7JH, UK
- Phone: +44 207 769 8888
- Open: 24/7
The Casino at The Empire has the total gambling area of 55,000 sq/ft, which makes it quite a large gambling venue. The Empire was established on May 19, 2007, so it’s been operating for over twenty years so far.
The Empire gaming selection includes:
- 5 poker tables;
- 50 table games;
- 127 gaming machines.
- Available games: Blackjack, Roulette, Slot machines, 3 Card Poker, Video Poker, Pai Gow Tiles, Mississippi Stud, Electronic Roulette, Punto Banco, Blackjack Triple Attack, Texas Hold'em, Omaha.
Amenities: Empire Poker Room, London Hotels, Bars in Leicester Square, Empire Cinema ~ Leicester Square
Restaurants: Carlsberg Sports Bar, FuLuShou
- Address: 6 Leicester Street, London WC2H, UK
- Phone: +144 203 014 1000
- Open: 24/7
Aspers Westfield Stratford City
Aspers Westfield Stratford City has the total gambling area of 65,000 sq/ft, which makes it quite a large gambling venue. Aspers Westfield Stratford City was established on December 01, 2011, so it’s been operating for almost ten years so far.
Aspers Westfield Stratford City gaming selection includes:
- 15 poker tables;
- 40 table games;
- 150 gaming machines.
- Available games: Sportsbook, Racebook, Blackjack, 3 Card Poker, Video Poker, CasinoWar, Electronic Roulette, European Roulette, American Roulette, Punto Banco, NL Texas Hold'em, Pot Limit Omaha, Crazy 4.
Amenities: Aspers Poker, London Hotels, Convention Center
Restaurants: Clary's Restaurant, Sky Bar, Tanzibar
- Address: Westfield Stratford City, 312 Montfichet Rd, London E20 1ET, UK
- Phone: +44 208 536 5630
- Open: 24/7
Resorts World Birmingham
Resorts World Birmingham has the total gambling area of 100,000 sq/ft, which is quite a large gambling venue. Resorts World Birmingham was established on October 26, 2015, so it’s been operating for about five years so far.
Resorts World Birmingham gaming selection includes:
- 31 table games;
- 150 gaming machines.
- Available games: Blackjack, Roulette, Baccarat, Slot machines, 3 Card Poker.
Amenities: Genting Hotel, Asian Spa, The Club Lounge, The Vox Conference Centre, The Sky Bar, The World Bar, The Champagne Bar, The Sports Bar, Cinema
Restaurants: Fahrenheit Grill, Coffee Bar, Resorts World Birmingham Dining
- Address: Pendigo Way, Birmingham B40 1PU, United Kingdom
- Phone: (0121) 213 4717
- Open: 24/7
Victoria Gate has the total gambling area of 51,000 sq/ft, which makes it quite a large gambling venue. Victoria Gate was established on January 26, 2017, so it’s a relatively new land based gambling venue.
Victoria Gate gaming selection includes:
- 10 poker tables;
- 24 table games;
- 220 gaming machines.
- Available games: Sportsbook, Racebook, Blackjack, Roulette, Slot machines, 3 Card Poker, Electronic Tables, Electronic Roulette, High Card Flush, Punto Banco, Texas Hold'em, Tournaments.
Amenities: Victoria Gate Poker Room, Leeds Hotels, Curve, Live Bar, V Restaurant
- Address: 26 Eastgate, Leeds LS2 7JL, UK
- Phone: +44 113 468 8049
- Open: 24/7
36 Wolverhampton has the total gambling area of 65,000 sq/ft, which makes it quite a large gambling venue. 36 Wolverhampton was established on November 12, 2016, so it’s been operating for almost 5 years so far.
36 Wolverhampton gaming selection includes:
- 24 table games;
- 80 gaming machines.
- Available games: Blackjack, Slot machines, 3 Card Poker, American Roulette, Race & Sports Book.
Amenities: Wolverhampton Hotels, VIP Champagne Lounge, Coffee Shop, Sports Bar and Grill
- Address: Temple St, Wolverhampton WV2, UK
- Phone: +44 1902 710700
- Open: 24/7
Grosvenor Leeds Westgate
Grosvenor Leeds Westgate has the total gambling area of 19,000 sq/ft, so it’s definitely not a large gambling venue. Grosvenor Leeds Westgate was established on August 11, 2011, so it’s been operating for almost ten years so far.
Grosvenor Leeds Westgate gaming selection includes:
- 5 poker tables;
- 14 table games;
- 80 gaming machines.
- Available games: Sportsbook, Blackjack, Craps, Slot machines, 3 Card Poker, Electronic Roulette, Punto Banco, Texas Hold'em, Mixed Games.
Amenities: Grosvenor Leeds Poker Room, Leeds Hotels, Bars, Restaurant
- Address: Wellington Bridge St, Leeds LS3 1LW, UK
- Phone: +44 113 3893700
- Open: 24/7
Rendezvous Brighton has the total gambling area of 21,000 sq/ft, so it’s not a really big land based gambling venue.
Rendezvous Brighton gaming selection includes:
- 2 poker tables;
- 16 table games;
- 73 gaming machines.
- Available games: Blackjack, Slot machines, 3 Card Poker, Mahjong, Electronic Roulette, Dice Roulette, Texas Hold'em, Mixed Games.
Amenities: WSOP.COM Brighton Poker Lounge, Brighton Hotels, Waterside Bar ~ Red Lounge ~ Rivva Room, Brighton Marina District
Restaurants: Waterside Brasserie
- Address: Brighton Marina, 7 Western Concourse, Park Square, Brighton BN2 5UT, UK
- Phone: +144 127 398 7251
- Open: 24/7
To sum up, gambling has been perfectly legal in the UK since the implementation of The Gambling Act in 2005. Hopefully you have no problem differentiating good gambling websites from scam ones after reading this guide. We also hope you have managed to choose the most appealing gambling website out of so many of our best UK casinos online recommendations. You may also have a look at our recommended non UK casino sites such as the best Australian online casinos, US gambling websites etc in case you are interested in playing in other states or regions as well.