Why choosing a safe Canadian online casino is crucial?
Choosing the best online casino in Canada is not as easy as it may seem from the first glance. It’s not like you just type in ‘play casino online’ and click on whatever option looks good to you.
This approach may or may not work with equal probability. Why not? Even though you might not have thought about it, you can get yourself into trouble if your gambling provider appears to be a scam.
Instead, approach choosing your casino with utter responsibility. Casinority.com have created a checklist of items that online casinos in Canada must have.
- License from one of the independent testing agencies (Alderney Gambling Commission, the Malta Lotteries and Gaming Authority, the Curaçao Gaming Control, the UK Gambling Commission).
- Software from well-known providers (Playtech, Microgaming, NetEnt, etc.)
- A number of banking options to choose from (credit and debit cards, e-wallets, wire transfers, cheques, etc.)
- Contact information - phone numbers, address, ownership stated on the website.
- Live chat and support that is available 24/7 and provides actual help to users.
If you’ve done the investigation and found that everything is in place - congrats! - your gambling provider is a good online casino in Canada. But what if you have no idea where to look for this information and, frankly, have no time or desire to do it?
Luckily, Canadian users can rely on websites like Casinority.com to dig through gambling sites records and rate them in accordance with various criteria.
We can assure you that not a single name you can find in our list is there by mistake. These casinos are the most suitable to Canadian users and the most highly rated by review websites like ours.
But why should you trust us?
To dispel your doubts, let us tell you how we test and rate each Canadian online casino that we come across.
How we rated Canadian online casinos?
Rating is the final stage of our work - after selecting and testing online casino websites that accepted in Canada. Casino legality is primary yet not the only factor that we account for here.
To rate high in our rating, a casino has got to:
- Be licensed and approved
- Have untainted reputation
- Offer a grand choice of games
- Have high payout rates
- Give user welcome bonus and other incentives
There is nothing super complicated about checking whether a casino is licensed. We simply check the website’s footer to find logos of familiar testing agencies and gambling authorities. We also check the status of the license and whether it is regularly upgraded.
It gets a little bit more complicated with the second one, though. The reputation of any gambling websites largely depends on user satisfaction. To find out all the truth about any given casino, we have to go through some dirty laundry.
The Internet is full of first-hand user reviews and feedbacks on virtually every casino out there. Reading these reviews help us get an insight into how casino treats users and whether they are satisfied with their services.
Suppose you won a lot of money you now want to withdraw but the casino doesn’t let you cash it out. The reasons for this vary - either you failed to read T&C written in small print, or you skipped wagering requirements to your bonus or the casino simply tricks you with technical issues not to give your money back.
You and, as you correctly guessed, any other user would immediately go and tell the whole world about it. We carefully filter such user responses, both positive and negative, to come to a conclusion about a casino’s reputation.
It doesn’t mean we take on trust the word of every user who lost 7 hands in blackjack in a row and seeks revenge. Nevertheless, once we see that there are too many negative reviews by angry visitors, there’s definitely something wrong with the casino, which is a solid reason for us to keep researching it deeper.
Now that you’re aware of the small misunderstandings that may (or may not) happen between you and casino software providers, you know why it is important to spend much time picking the reliable gambling site. Like the ones above that we’ve already selected, tested and rated for you.
The list of trusted Canadian online casino includes only those gambling providers that impressed us with their fair conduct and quality of services. They demonstrated that they are able to:
- give users transparent and trustworthy information about a casino, its games, policies, and conditions
- provide users with high-quality services they deserve
- be fair when it comes to user’s money
- provide users with 24/7 support
- upgrade and improve their services regularly
These bullet-proof signs tell us that we deal with absolutely trustworthy online casino in Canada that deserves a high mark. Every casino from our list, whether it is a #1 or #10, received an excellence award from us and many other casino review websites.
How we tested online casinos in Canada?
Testing casinos according to each of these criteria is a time-consuming task. Imagine doing all that on your own - visiting dozens of websites, playing hundreds of games and! depositing money to check if everything works as it is supposed to.
Casinority.com asked gamblers and gambling enthusiasts to help us do the testing. We combine the results of each player and rate casinos as to how well they satisfy the following criteria:
- Have many games available for instant play. There have to be all the major types of games from trusted software providers.
- Have banking options to choose from. The more convenient and reliable payment and withdrawal methods are there, the better.
- Offer lots of bonuses and incentives. All the bonuses have got to go with realistic wagering requirements and be possible to get.
- Allow to make a payment and cash out cash with ease. You don’t meet dozens of obstacles on your way to cash out money. If there are, we monitor the given casino closer.
- Have active and available support. It is essential for a casino to provide their clients with around the clock consultancy services.
We provide our gamblers with real money to deposit and play with to genuinely test how it all works. And, guess what? Simple testing does not work as well as testing with real money.
For example, when playing demo versions of games, you are unlikely to encounter any problems. But! When you move on to the next level and put your own money in it, that’s when the real game starts.
All the most common issues that inexperienced gamblers come across are from not reading casino’s Terms and Conditions. They go like, “well, I’ve seen bonuses, I’ve seen games, that’s enough.” And this is not the right approach when choosing a casino by yourself.
If you don’t wanna be one of those poor souls, bear with Casinority. We are here to guide you through the best online casinos in Canada you can play for real money without being afraid to be tricked.
Who helps us test online casino games in Canada?
There’s plenty of work to be done to genuinely test each gambling website. We can’t do that on our own, which why we ask experienced online gamblers to helps us with it.
All they have to do is to receive money to their gambling account, play all the games from our checklist, and leave their responses. Sure enough, the money we deposit to their accounts + the winning they get is a payment for their services.
Testing Canadian casinos with real gamblers allows us to understand all ins and outs of every casino and how it works.
Games in best online casinos Canada
A vast game choice from reliable software developers is what we, as a review site, and you, as a gambler, want to see. Online casinos in Canada that allow to play for real money are interested to offer you as many games as you can ever try out.
Entering any gambling website you can see hundreds of icons of games to play for free or with real cash. While in the first case nothing tragic gonna happen, losing real money is not a very pleasant experience. Surely, winning and losing money in gambling is a usual thing. Yet, it differs much whether you lose out of bad luck or your own stupidity.
Here’s what we talking about.
Case 1 - you see a bonus offer and you decide to deposit a max amount to receive your match bonus. Understandably, you expect to have your sum doubled. Then you think you gonna play, win some more and cash it all out. Sounds awesome but it may not work out if...
- wagering requirements are too high - you will have to wager on your bonus (or on the total amount even) a number of times. And you’ll be lucky if the multiplier is no greater than x5. And if you still have any money left by that time, go ahead and click withdraw.
Case 2 - if you aren’t one of those ‘bonus hunters’ and have different criteria for choosing your casinos, that’s better. If you take payout rate, which is a statistical measure of how much money users get back, this is also a plus. Again, let us explain why you don't have to put your hopes up too much.
Payout rate of a casino is an average amount, meaning that it may not be as high for every particular game. And remember the Random Number Generator? It means that regardless of payout rates, your games and your outcomes are purely random and it can go both ways. So, high payout rates play an important role, yet not as important as your luck.
Case 3 - you dive right into the game with real money relying only on your luck. What we saying is that some gamers think that ‘learning in the process’ is the best way. But starting to play any casino games, even slots, without knowing the rules well is a risky start, not to say more.
We urge you to read and reread the rules before you get to play any casino for real money. To warn you in advance, with such exquisite games like baccarat or blackjack, knowing the basic rules is a drop in the ocean. We recommend you watch videos and tutorials and try playing with virtual money before deciding to play big.
Case 4 - playing non-stop. Humans are emotionally driven and this is what plays against us in courts and casinos. Some users can't stop wagering when losing a number of times in a row. This will doubtfully lead you anywhere except to losing money and hating casino forever. Thus, it’s also crucial to know when to stop and not only where to start.
Case 5 - you are a gaming junkie and found a casino with an absolutely fabulous game choice. Here are your favorite slots themed like your favorite Games of Thrones or Jurassic Park. And in a matter of minutes, you find yourself depositing money to this casino and hoping to cash it out right away.
The bad news is that some unreliable gambling websites that accepted in Canada may offer you pirated games they didn’t pay for and they don’t have the right to place on their website.
Be ready that such casino will show you its fraudster side when you will attempt to withdraw money or claim your bonuses, as well. Once a thief, always a thief.
Now that you know what playing games for real money entails, be sure not to make these mistakes.
It’s high time to go through all the games you can find in every legit Canadian online casino.
Broadly speaking, there are the following types of games:
- Slots ( = Pokies) - one of the most easy-to-play.
- Video Poker - poker played on a poker machine
- Tables - mostly card games such as blackjack, roulette, etc.
- Others - these games are optional yet desirable for respected casinos to offer.
Let’s break down each kind of games.
No sense to start with the description of any other game type because online slots is the one you, and the majority of other gamblers, want to see first. A seemingly easy and plain game is not losing its popularity for decades now. From the 1970s and till today, a lot has changed in the world and so have pokies. Despite their new disguise, the good old version is still in demand.
In most online casinos Canada that offer free spins as bonuses, you can find these types of pokies
- 3, 5, 7 reel machines
- Video Slots
- Fruit machines
- 3D slots
- Classic Slots
- Single and multiple payline slots
On top of that, the majority of slot games have bonus rounds. These rounds allow you to get extra wins without depositing extra money!
Canadian casinos from our rating have a great choice of Roulette games to offer. You can choose between Live Roulette, European / French Roulette, 3D Roulette, Multi-Ball Roulette, and Multi-Wheel Roulette.
It’s unbelievable that each game can have so many variations. It can take a lifetime to get a grasp of how to play each of them properly. Yet, don’t get discouraged! We’ve got plenty of others to share.
This game offers no fewer variations than Roulette. Some of the most recognized and well-played blackjack games of Canadians include names like Perfect Pairs and Spanish 21, Pontoon and Blackjack Switch, Chinese Blackjack and Super Fun 21, Atlantic City Blackjack and European Blackjack.
As you already guessed, the number 21 won’t leave you for a while now that you know all these types of blackjack exist. And don’t forget about Bonus Blackjack, which has got something extra for you each time you get back to it.
Bonus Deuces Wild, Bonus Poker, Deuces Wild, Bonus Poker Deluxe, Double Jackpot, Jacks or Better, Joker Poker, and Loose isn’t the full list of names adored by video poker lovers.
These games also vary depending on the type of poker machine you pick - progressive or multi-handed.
Other Game Types
Canadian Casino lovers have got to get ready because the number of games they can play is really getting up there. And we’ve only discussed the most popular types and their variations.
So, what’s up next?
Next, there are games that may or may not be in a casino. However, it is always pleasant to find a game you don’t expect to find, isn’t it? All casinos from our top 10 list accounted for the love of Canadian gamblers to various exuberant and not entirely casino-type games.
Here they are:
Baccarat - a popular game of Italian decency. In this game, you play against the dealer just like in blackjack or roulette, yet the value of hand is determined in a different way. If you want to play this game, be ready to devote some time and go through the rules carefully.
Pai Gow Poker - as you can guess from the name, this game comes from China. As stated, it is a combination of Chinese domino game and American poker.
Craps - a dice game that favors speed of thought and action. For comparison, blackjack table makes approx 60 hands per hour, and there are about 100 decisions per hour made by craps player.
Keno - to all lovers of lottery games. There’s no need to wait for a Sunday morning lottery show to find out if you won in the XXI century. Just come to our online casinos and play any time you want and win immediately.
Scratch Cards - the hallmark of these lies in the suspense. See, your winnings and losses are super visual because you know about them by ‘scratching’ boxes one by one to find out what symbols were hidden there and what bonuses they bring you.
At last, we want you to know that all casinos want to stand out among others. That’s why don’t be surprised to see new games that aren’t in this section. If you can’t find the rules, or info on the game, it can be a casino special offer, which you might even be given bonuses for testing.
Real bonuses in online casino Canada
Modern casinos online offer a variety of bonuses that no Canadian gambler would pass on. And yes, these are not just some artificial money that only works in the game. You can cash it out together with the money you win after you wager on a certain sum for a certain number of times.
Not all games have equal payout rates or the same amount of bonuses for playing them. Starting with the most luxurious bonuses you can get, check the full description of bonuses you can find in Canadian casinos online nowadays.
- Welcome bonus package. This is not a bonus but a combination of several bonuses for signing up for a casino. Usually, it includes a matched bonus, free spins, and a granted no deposit bonus.
- Online casino gives away real money no deposit bonuses throughout Canada. Why is it the most beloved one by all gamblers? Guess right, the words ‘NO Deposit’ speak for themselves. It means you just come and play with real cash that you never even deposited - yet - that you can cash out. As a rule, this is a C$10 - C$15 sum that can serve as a warm-up. Note that if you plan on cashing this money and your winnings out, you will have to make your first deposit. And guess what, receive even more bonuses.
- Matched bonus that goes with your first (and not only first) deposit is what we are talking about. Another name - deposit bonus - stands for the same thing. You deposit money for the first time and receive a matching sum on top. Same may repeat up to 5 times!
- Free spins are singled out as bonuses because these are not just some ‘touch-and-go’ bonus that has value only in the game. With free spins, you can play real casino slot game and win real money. You might ask, what’s the catch. It same old - no deposit, no cash out. Still, the spins are really money-winning and if you get lucky and win real money in any online casino in Canada, there’s no shame depositing more and cashing it all out later.
- Bonus rounds. There are many games that offer bonus round with super hot winning possibilities. We treat them as a type of bonuses because they give you more chances to win than ordinary rounds.
And a little something about additional requirements that come along with bonuses that not all Canadian users know about. These are the so-called wagering requirement. Why you need to know about it and what it is all about?
In the previous section, we briefly outlined scenarios that may keep you from cashing out your bonus cash. Remember Case 1? Wagering requirements not followed is one of the most common reasons why users get denied withdrawal. We want none of it happening to you, which is why read all about wagering requirements further.
According to the definition by Casinopedia, wagering requirements are “a limit placed by a bookmaker or casino on how many times a bonus must be wagered before it is eligible to be withdrawn as cash.” To explain it more in-depth, suppose you deposit C$200 to get your 100% matched bonus in the amount of C$200. Now you’ve got a total of C$400 on your account.
Only fool would think that a casino would just present you with this money, not asking anything in return, right. After all, any online casino would simply go broke coz of such giveaways. This is when wagering requirements come into play. Check them out, find out what games you have to play and how much money to wager on to ‘earn’ the withdrawal of your bonus.
Wagering requirements are a usual practice of many online casinos in Canada and worldwide. They don’t exist to trick you, however, some unreliable gambling websites do use small print or shady description of these requirements to scam users. You won’t get into this situation with our casinos. Besides, if you are an angry opponent of wagering requirements, try to look for no wagering casinos online. It's not that difficult to find one, however, prepare yourself to see less mouth-watering bonus offers and promotions.
Software for Canadian online gambling
Software from reliable providers is almost as important for a casino as licenses and accreditations. First of all, if you know famous names like Microgaming, they are unlikely to cooperate with dubious casinos. Secondly, you can check whether the name of your casino is on the list of partners of a given soft provider. And, lastly, a badge of a giant like Playtech on website’s footer does pose some certainty.
Casino websites that work with top software providers stay just websites not for long. Our leaders, namely Microgaming, Playtech, and NetEnt, are killing it making mobile and desktop versions for their casinos. We can’t but disagree that this is just a waste of time and cash - casino that can be accessed from any device is highly rated by both users and professionals. Let’s break down the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Web-based. A casino that you can play from your browser (with flash plug-in)
+ Full availability of games and functions
+ Big screen
+ No need to download anything
- Constant Internet connectivity needed
- A casino with no mobile version is either new or ancient. The main advantages are
+ Most games are accessible from any place
+ Convenient and hand-held playing mode
+ Available free of charge
- Need to download and install
- Not all games available
+ Allows to play online and offline
+ Quick access through a desktop shortcut
- Need to download and install
As you can see, each option is convenient for use in its own way. Remember that you don’t lose anything downloading and installing app on your device since, as a rule, they go for free. Some Canadian casinos even give away mobile bonuses to encourage you to download and play mobile apps of Canadian online casinos more often!We briefly mentioned Canadian casinos leading software providers. Let’s recap the top three and why are they so reliable.
- Microgaming. The first on the list and the biggest in the industry. It has been creating amazing soft since 1994 and doesn’t give up its positions ever since. The number of games by Microgaming exceeds 600, and don’t you forget about 2-3 new items coming out every month.
- Playtech. Five years younger than its counterpart above, Playtech provides casinos with a variety of games, starting with online bingo and ending with live dealer games. Progressive jackpots from Playtech can literally turn you into a millionaire. One of such jackpots was claimed in February 2012 - £6.2 million by one Beach Life progressive slot machine player.
- NetEnt. A Sweden-based company, quite visible on the software market since 1996. This provider was among pioneer mobile developers and keeps setting the standards. Besides, live dealer games from this provider are highly praised by casinos worldwide.
With software from leaders in the industry, you don't have to worry about security and safety of your gambling. By letting Casinority help you make the right choice, you protect yourself and your computer from scam, fraud, and viruses.
Deposit and withdraw real money in Canadian casinos
Any respected online casino in Canada will give you legal ways to deposit and cash out real money. The majority of legit gambling providers would care to give you at least 4-5 options to choose from.
Banking methods can be classified into ordinary credit and debit cards (Visa/Mastercard), prepaid cards, e-Wallets, wire transfers, e-cheques, etc. Good news for the owners of cryptocurrency ‘cause more and more Canadian online casinos allow to deposit in BTC and several other liquid cryptocurrencies. How cool is that? You only have to tie your crypto wallet to a casino account and blockchain protected and high-speed transactions are to your services (and you can even get a bonus for depositing with crypto!).
But, for now, let’s focus on some more traditional options.
- PayPal. There is virtually no developed country in the world that does not have PayPal services running. Luckily, Canadians have plenty of casino websites with this payment method to select the one they like.
- Entropay is convenient because it allows connecting your bank account to a prepaid card account. This way, you need to deposit from bank account to an intermediary service (which is Entropay) and then to a casino account. Plus, there are no fees charged.
- Visa and Mastercard. Credit and debit cards labeled with these two names need no introducing them. However, check whether the type of card you choose is suitable for both deposit and withdrawal.
- Neteller. An e-wallet that acts as a third party between the bank account and a casino. You can have no fears about storing huge sums on this e-wallet account.
- Skrill is known for low fees and speed of transactions. It is also a high-functioning e-wallet that grants you anonymity and encrypted protection of your money.
- Ukash (PaySafeCard) is a prepaid voucher. In Canada, you can buy it in any retail shop with cash and deposit money anonymously to a casino account.
Knowing your options for BOTH depositing and withdrawing money is crucial. One more thing, you might be asked to give additional information to prove your identity. Don’t shy away, because a casino merely wants to protect you and other users from frad. You can scan your ID card or license - even a utility bill will do.
Tips to pick Canadian casino online
- Get Help from Review Websites.
Casino review sites (like Casinority.com) don’t just post any information out of thin air. We know a thing or two about how legit and reliable online casino websites should work and make sure that each casino we recommend meets the standards.
- Look for the best reviews of online casinos for Canadian players.
Feedbacks users give to online casinos in the form of reviews or short posts are full of unique facts and situations that are not often stipulated in T&C.
- Get the most of no deposit cash (credits / free spins).
It’s not like playing with real money but better than nothing. At least, you’ll be able to tell what your overall experience with the casino is and if you want to continue move on with this one or choose a different casino.
- Don’t limit your choices.
Some users seek casinos that offer the most bonuses or a particular payment option. It’s up to you but you can miss out on some amazing casinos when concentrating on one criteria only.
- Watch out for new casinos.
While it is kind of a venture to deposit money to a casino they you know little about, they can give you more bonuses than old-timers. If you see a relative newcomer in our top 10 list, you can be certain there’s nothing wrong with it. So accept the generous gifts and play all you want.
Gambling laws in Canada
Canadian gambling laws were introduced 1969 when the government made it legal to gamble in land-based casinos. Since then, all the casinos have been regulated by the Gaming Control Act. In 1975, there were launched Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation whose main responsibility was to regulate all the gambling activities in the country.
According to the data provided by http://canadiangaming.ca, it’s highly profitable for the country to make gambling legal since it substantially enriches the budget - C$50 billion since the establishment of the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation.
When it comes to igambling, which definitely interests you most, it is absolutely legal in Canada. Check our list of the best casinos in Canada in order to enjoy safe and enthralling gaming. The only exception is sport betting, which is still illegal according to the Canada Criminal Code.
Since the government really cares about you and wants you to have only positive gambling experience, there have been prepared tips for those who want to play online. We highly recommend that you do check them following the link - https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/benefits-military/health-support/staying-healthy-active/addiction/game.html.
Mind that the gambling age in Canada depends on the province. In such a way, in Alberta, Manitoba, and Quebec, you can gamble since 18, while in Ontario as well as in the rest of the provinces and territories only those who have reached the age of 19 can play in casinos, both land based and online.
Summing it up about gambling in Canada
Canadian gambling is in full swing in 2019 due to dozens of secure and legal online casinos in Canada that set a trend. While for Canadian neighbour, the US, gambling keeps being a gray spot in legal documents, Canadians can enjoy the best services of legit gambling providers across all the provinces.
With our rating of the best Canadian online casinos to win money, you have a fully tested and highly rated casinos right at your fingertips. So, why wait for the grass to grow? Try out several casinos we picked for you and let us know what you think!
In case you still have questions left…