Best Online Casinos in Italy
Italy or Repubblica Italiana is the fourth-most populous European country that looks like a boot on the map. Italy can boast of a peninsula surrounded by several islands and delimited by the Alps. Italy borders with France, Austria, Switzerland, and Slovenia. There are two enclaved microstates in Italy, which are San Marino and the Vatican. Italy is a member of quite a wide range of different international organizations, such as the UN, the OECD, NATO, the OSCE, the G7, the WTO, the G20, Uniting for Consensus, the Council of Europe, the Union for the Mediterranean, the Schengen Area and many more. Because of its being the world’s leader in terms of the World Heritage Sites, Italy is recognized as the fifth-most visited country in the world. Besides, Italy in the country with legal gambling, so here you can find a lot of land based gambling facilities as well as enjoy playing in the best Italian casino sites. For more details regarding all peculiarities of gambling in Italy, check out our review right on this web page.
List of Online Casinos for players from Italy
Italian Gambling Laws
Italy has journeyed quite a long history from total ban of gambling stated in Italian Criminal law to crucial changes of the Italy legislation system in 2006 that resulted in the following improvements: legalization of real money skill games and exchange of bets, welcoming EU and EFTA casino operators to the Italian gambling market, establishing the licensing authority to regulate offline and online gambling in the state. According to the Finance Act 2007, skilled card games such as Texas Hold'em was legalized, while other poker and video poker games remained prohibited because of their nature of the games of chance.
Gambling legalization is quite beneficial for Italy economy because of the introduction of the taxation system in Italy that obliged casino operators to pay taxes based on their profit instead of the turnover. In such a way, all the casino operators with newly legalized games have to pay a flat rate of 20%, while the operators dealing with sports betting, lotteries, horse racing betting, and skill games have to pay 3% of their total tournament buy-ins sold. Besides, gambling operators are obliged to pay back in the form of winnings at least 90% of the total wagered money to players.
Talking about legalization of online casino gambling in Italy, the whole process started in 2006 when the European Commission accused Italy of extremely stringent legal system that prohibited even legal European online casino operators and blocked 621 online casinos that weren’t licensed by Italy, yet had licensed by other European countries. As a result, in 2010 Italy made changes to its online gambling laws and established Autonomous Administration of State Monopolies (Amministrazione Autonoma dei Monopoli di Stato), which is the Italian gambling authority responsible for issuing licenses that cover the following online gambling activities: skill games, tournament and solitaire poker games, cash poker games, casino games, fixed odd and totalisator sports, horse and other events betting, horse pools, bingo. In order to get the Italian gambling license, online casinos have to have a turnover of at least EUR 1,500,000 made within the last 2 years, have EU official residence and technical support, provide stable and secure high technical services that are easy to use, and pay EUR 350,000 to Amministrazione Autonoma dei Monopoli di Stato. There only 200 licenses that can be issued by the Autonomous Administration of State Monopolies.
Land Based Casinos in Italy
Casinò Municipale di Sanremo was established on January 12, 1905, so it’s been operating for over century years so far, which certainly makes it quite a good gambling venue with impeccable reputation. In Casinò Municipale di Sanremo, you can make your gaming choice out of 38 table games and as many as 479 gaming machines where you can enjoy the following gaming options: Blackjack, Slot machines, Video Poker, Electronic Keno, Electronic Roulette, Punto Banco, French Roulette, Chemin de Fer, Fairoulette, and two poker gaming options such as Texas Hold'em and Tournaments.
Amenities: Self parking, De Sanctis Poker Room, San Remo Hotels, Theater, Casino Bars, Sala Hall
Restaurants: Biribissi Restaurant, Roof Garden
Casino di Venezia Ca'Noghera is a cool Venice land based gambling venue where you can play 601 gaming machines that include the following gaming options: Blackjack, Slot machines, Caribbean Stud Poker, Punto Banco, French Roulette, Chemin de Fer, Fairoulette, and NL Holdem.
Amenities: Self parking, Poker Room, Venice Hotels, Entertainment Arena, Casino Bar and Lounge, Marco Polo Airport
Restaurants: there are no restaurants at Venezia Ca'Noghera
Casino di Venezia - Ca' Vendramin Calergi is a Venice land based gambling venue where you can play 600 gaming machines that include the following popular gaming options: Blackjack, Slot machines, Video Poker, Caribbean Stud Poker, Ultimate Texas Hold'em, Electronic Roulette, Punto Banco, French Roulette, Chemin de Fer, Fairoulette, Tournaments.
Amenities: Self parking, Lounge Bar, Venice Hotels, Events
Restaurants: Wagner Restaurant
Saint Vincent Casino and Resort can offer you to play 600 gaming machines that include the following popular gaming options: Blackjack, Craps, Baccarat, Slot machines, Caribbean Stud Poker, American Roulette, French Roulette, Chemin de Fer, Trente et Quarante, English Roulette.
Amenities: Self parking, Parc Hotel Billia, L'Eve, Bar Gaya, Grand Hotel Billia, Bar La Cheminée
Restaurants: Brasserie Du Casino, La Grande Vue, 1908, Le Rascard
Casino Le Palme at Hippodrome Abruzzo with the total gambling area of 10,764 sq/ft
was established on March 1, 2011. In Le Palme at Hippodrome Abruzzo, you can make your gaming choice out of as many as 200 gaming machines where you can choose out of quite a limited gaming selection of only three categories such as Slot machines, Video Poker, and Electronic Roulette.
Amenities: Self parking, Queen Hotel, Casino Bar, Hippodrome d'Abruzzo, Events
Restaurants: Restoranti, Pizzeria
Costa Cruises - Mediterranea is a Cruise Ship with the total are of 7,500 sq/ft. On Costa Cruises - Mediterranea, you can make your gaming choice out of 11 table games and as many as 141 gaming machines where you can enjoy the following gaming options: Blackjack, Craps, Slot machines, American Roulette, Stud Poker.
Amenities: Self parking, Savona Hotels, Ischia Spa, Library, Theater, Squok Club, Cognac, Wine Bar, Cigar Bay, Art Gallery
Restaurants: Ristoranti degli Argentieri, Club Medusa, Club Restaurant, Burger d'Autore, Perla del Lago Buffet
Carnival Legend Casino is a Cruise Ship with the total gambling area of 2,000 sq/ft. On Carnival Legend, you can make your gaming choice out of 14 table games and as many as 125 gaming machines where you can enjoy the following gaming options: Blackjack, Roulette, Slot machines, 3 Card Poker, Let It Ride Bonus Poker, Ultimate Texas Hold'em, Dice, Fun 21 Blackjack, Poker Pro Texas Hold'em, Blackjack Pro. The min bet that you can place on Carnival Legend is just $0.01, which is quite democratic and affordable to anyone.
Amenities: Venice Hotels
Restaurants: there are no restaurants on Carnival Legend
Casinò Le Palme Civitanova has the total gambling area of 10,764 sq/f. Le Palme Civitanova was established on March 7, 2014, so it’s quite a new Italian land based gambling venue where you can play 100 gaming machines with quite a limited gaming diversity of just two available game categories, which are Slot machines and Video Poker.
Amenities: Self parking, Hotel Horizon, Events
Restaurants: Casino Bar & Restaurant
Slottery Las Vegas Olgiate Olona was established on January 1, 2012. In Slottery Las Vegas Olgiate Olona, you can make your gaming choice out of just 63 gaming machines where you can enjoy quite a limited gaming selection of only four categories such as Sportsbook, Slot machines, Video Poker, and Electronic Roulette.
Amenities: Self parking, Varese Hotels, Slottery Las Vegas Bar and Lounge
Restaurants: there are no restaurants at Slottery Las Vegas Olgiate Olona
Princess Cruises - Pacific Princess is a Cruise Ship where you can enjoy playing the following games: Blackjack, Craps, Slot machines, Bingo, Video Poker, American Roulette, Tournaments.
Amenities: Self parking, Rome Hotels
Restaurants: there are no restaurants on Princess Cruises - Pacific Princess
Banking Options for Italian Gamblers
If you feel that you are ready for real money gambling, it’s high time for you to choose convenient and reliable payment methods for making your gambling deposits and withdrawing your winnings from the best online casinos Italy. In most Italian online casinos, you can make gambling transactions in Euros, US dollars, British pounds, and many other currencies, including Bitcoin. Interested in learning more about different banking options available on Italian gambling websites? Check them out in the list below!
- Credit & Debit Cards. You shouldn’t be surprised to hear that it’s quite hard to find a decent Italian gambling website that doesn’t accept gambling transactions with MasterCard and Visa since these are the widest used payment systems in the world. It goes without saying, MasterCard and Visa Credit & Debit Cards are among the most reliable and convenient banking options. The most beneficial thing about making gambling transactions with MasterCard and Visa Credit & Debit Cards is that your deposits are processed instantly, which lets you gamble right after you have made the transaction. Besides, many Italian online casinos support fast withdrawals provided that you use MasterCard and Visa Credit & Debit Cards. So, we can definitely recommend you this banking option if you want to play in online casinos Italy.
- E-Wallets. It’s probably the second most popular and widely accepted banking option in the best Italian online casinos. Using such web wallets as Skrill and Neteller, you can make anonymous and instant gambling transactions without revealing your banking details and personal data to the online casino you are playing with. Another substantial advantage of using these payment methods is that you don’t have to pay any transaction fees in most cases.
- Instant Banking. You might have had quite an unpleasant experience using offline bank transfers, so you might feel rather suspicious about instant banking options. However, we are here to dispel all your doubts. Using a popular instant banking payment system Citadel Direct that is accepted by most Italy online casinos, you can literally make instant gambling transactions. So, we highly recommend you to consider opting for this payment method.
- Prepaid Cash Cards. It’s a really good option for Italian gamblers that prefer to avoid expanding their online footprint. Prepaid cash cards are also very convenient for those who want to control their gambling spendings. It’s very easy, in fact. You just purchase the prepaid cash card in any in-store or you can buy it from a retailer. There’s a fixed sum of money on a prepaid cash card. You can choose the exact amount that you want to have on this prepaid cash card. It means that you can’t spend on gambling more than you have on your card. The best option when it comes to choosing between different prepaid cash cards is definitely Paysafecard vouchers. As for disadvantages of using this payment system, first of all, you can’t withdraw your winnings since prepaid cash cards are meant only for making gambling deposits. Another drawback is that there’s a limited sum of money on your prepaid card, which means that you can’t spend more than you already paid for. While it’s a really good way of managing your gambling funds, sometimes you really need to deposit just a little bit more in order to gain the ultimate online casino experience. So, you need to weigh all pros and cons to decide whether or not you want to use prepaid cash cards for making your gambling deposits in online casinos Italy.
- Wire Transfers. Traditional bank transfers still remain the most reliable and safest way of making gambling transactions for high rollers since this payment method is the best for moving large sums of money. Besides, there are absolutely no limits per transaction, which makes wire transfers the best banking option for high roller gamblers in Italy. The only drawback of this banking option is the speed of transaction, which is rather slow since it might take up to five business days for the funds to reach the required destination.