Online Casino Tips For Dummies
Visiting a casino can be an invigorating experience, especially the first time you win. As soon as money could be safely and quickly transferred online, casino sites became a common part of the Internet.
Sampling the casinos that are available online can be equally as enjoyable as going to an establishment in person but it can also be highly overwhelming for first-timers.
To help any of our readers that are thinking about gambling online for the first time, we have created a guide to the need-to-know information for beginners and all of the most common mistakes made by those who are new to online casinos.
Knowledge Is Power
Many readers will be thinking, “Surely online gambling is straightforward enough?” and this is certainly true. The gambling part of the process is easy to navigate as the site ensures you are able to win and lose money with only a few clicks of your mouse.
The importance of knowing everything that you can about online casinos is that there are more potential downsides to gambling on the Internet than losing your money. Here are some of the most common problems complained about by beginner gamblers who wished they had spent a little more time researching how it works:
- A Lack Of Enjoyment – Gambling is supposed to be enjoyable. Online casinos can sometimes be so complex that it is difficult to get to grips with them straightaway. This means that many of us feel confused and overwhelmed when starting out. Knowing what an online casino is like will lessen this and make the whole thing more enjoyable.
- Being Taken For A Ride – Online casinos, and any casino really, are, of course, designed to make money. The more you are armed with knowledge, the less of a sucker you will be for their gimmicks.
- Finding A Fair House – Being able to identify which casinos will give you a fair chance really is key to being successful at online gambling. With our tips you will have a better chance of identifying which casino is the right one for you.
Crucial Information to Know Before Starting Out
To make your research as easy as possible, we have brought together all of the key points in one place. Reading this short guide will have you well on your way to knowing the ins and outs of the online gambling world.
Get To Know What An Online Casino Is – An online casino gives you the opportunity to play online in a virtual environment. You can play with real money or not and can also place real live bets with other players.
Is Everything Above Board? – The legality of online gambling can vary widely. The laws can be different in different countries and therefore, should be examined for your specific area with information online or by contacting the authorities.
It should be noted that the online casino takes responsibility for their players so they will be the ones dealing with the consequences if playing is not legal for you.
Assessing Your Odds – Determining whether or not you should play often comes down to whether or not you really have a shot at winning. Before you even begin playing, you have pretty good odds considering that thousands of gambling sites want to remain competitive and get as much gaming time from their customers as possible.
The lower expenses of online casinos and the higher competition means that the payout is much better than what you might experience at a traditional in-person gambling site. The only way for an online casino to maintain their reputation is to offer an honest, high quality experience that will improve your odds.
While any kind of gambling means taking a risk, you certainly have a fair chance at winning when you take on the games of a reputable online casino.
Security – As with any online system where you put in your details, safety is a concern. It has, however, been proven through the testing of multiple online casinos that they are secure in general. These online gambling programs make their money and attract new players on the basis that their systems are secure, so, of course, this is important to the industry.
An indicator as to which sites and online casinos are the safest is to see which software systems they use. The most trusted and popular providers include Boss Media, Microgaming, and Cryptologic.
Being Personally Compatible – Your personality and your mental state will be huge indicators in terms of whether or not you will develop an unhealthy relationship with gambling. Players can often become addicted to gambling because it offers an escape from a less appealing reality and often provides more excitement.
Developing a problem with gambling and online casinos can lead to debt, bankruptcy, and it can even ruin relationships with others. To avoid going down a dark path and keep the world of online casinos in the category of “fun”, you should never play with money that you cannot afford to lose.
The Monetary Processes – There are two kinds of transactions that you will need to make in order to use and make real money in an online casino: deposit money and withdraw your winnings.
To make a deposit, you can use:
- A credit card: to deposit the money directly and immediately.
- Wire transfer: This is a money transfer from your bank account that could take a few days to be completed, so it is only recommended if you would like to make a deposit that is too big for the credit card limits.
- Paysafecard: This is a card that can be bought in stores with money on it and then used online.
- A Neteller account: This is an online money transfer service that can be used when your credit card has restrictions.
To make a withdrawal, you can use:
- A cheque via post: This will take a few days to arrive and you may be charged for the postage fees.
- A cheque via courier: For more immediate access to your winnings, you can have the cheque brought by a company like FEDex though you will definitely be charged the delivery fees.
- Wire transfer: This system works to have your winnings sent directly into your bank account.
- Neteller: This secure service can also be used to withdraw money within a few days without fees.
Where To Start – You should start your journey into the world of online casinos by assessing the websites first. You should consider the quality of the sign up and how many players have already played on the site, the number and the quality of the games, the time it takes to make payments and withdraw money,as well as the support that you can get from the casino.
Once you have found the best online casino based on the previously mentioned criteria, you will be able to sign up and begin playing, but which games are good for beginners? Blackjack is a solid online game because it offers a high payout and is more exciting than some of the other options. Classic games like Roulette, Video Poker, and Slots can also give you the rush that you want from gambling without too much of a risk.
Mistakes to Avoid
Now you know what you should be looking out for, here are the biggest mistakes that beginners make when starting out.
- Choosing The Wrong Casino – The only real option when you are choosing a casino is to opt for a fully licensed one. Sometimes the ones that are not legal will promise better payouts, but it is never worth the risk. Another mistake that beginners make is to just opt for the online casino that they recognise the name of or the first one that they see. If you are going to be risking your hard earned cash, then you should at least find a casino with a great reputation.
- Registering With A Fake Name – Due to the worries about accounts being leaked or the inherent guilt that is unfortunately built into gambling online, many newcomers will register with a fake name. This is possibly the worst thing to do when starting out. Imagine the situation that you have a case of beginner’s luck and suddenly you are sitting on a massive win. Now the casino will only payout to “John Smith”. Your account is suspended and you will never be able to withdraw your winnings. If you picked a reputable casino, you won’t need to worry about your personal details and can safely trust them with your real name.
- Not Being Payment Compatible – Choose a casino that matches your chosen payment system. The most common and most reliable one is PayPal, but many have their own particular favourite. The last thing you want to be doing is messing around with payment wallets when you want to get at your jackpot winnings.
- Not Knowing The Games – It sounds ridiculously simple, but many beginners start playing without ever looking up the rules. The usual thinking for such people is that they will “pick things up”, which they will eventually, but their bank account might be empty by then.
- Not Understanding the ‘Gambler’s Fallacy’ – This is when a player believes that if a certain hand/spin presents a fifty-fifty chance then after a loss the player has a greater chance of a win. Even after a hundred cases of the roulette ball falling on red, there is no greater chance that it will land on black the next time. Avoiding this logical flaw will prevent huge betting mistakes and lessen the impact of addictive gambling.