Overview of gambling in New Jersey
New Jersey is one of the most prominent and progressive states in all of the USA. It has a population of nearly 9 million people as of 2018. This population of 9 million makes it the 11th most populous state in the USA. The capital of New Jersey is Trenton. The state motto is “Liberty and Prosperity.” It is famous for its diversity, business activities, and old Victorian-era buildings. Apart from all this, NJ is also known as one of the hubs of gambling in the USA. NJ is home to several cities known all over the gambling world. These cities include names such as Atlantic City, Newark, and Jersey City. The gambling market is thriving in New Jersey. Atlantic City is famous all over the world for its high quality and renowned brick-and-mortar casinos that can give a fierce competition to any casino in Las Vegas.
In addition to the physical gambling sites in the state of New Jersey, there are scads of New Jersey online gambling websites as well. USA online casinos are becoming more popular as there is an observable surge in the number of users of the online casinos. This shift in the preferences of the players has been because online casinos are higher up in terms of utility. The players can avail the services of New Jersey online casino sites while traveling or staying at home by using the services of online casinos. There are many online casino sites available in the state of New Jersey. These sites are used avidly by the players to enjoy a wide range of attractive gambling games.
List of best NJ online casinos
Gambling laws in New Jersey
One of the essential aspects of gambling irrespective of its nature is of legislation. The different laws of betting need to be observed meticulously so that any illegality is not carried out. In the state of New Jersey, the laws of gambling are stringent for land-based as well as online casinos. Gambling was legalized here in 1976. NJ was the second state in all of the USA to do so. The pathway to the legalization of online casinos in NJ was not this easy. There were various twists and turns along the way in the form of rejections and changes in legislation. However, on 26th February 2013, Senate bill A2578 was passed, which legalized the games of online gambling in NJ. Caesars Entertainment quickly grasped the presented opportunity and became the first one to grasp a license for the New Jersey online casino.
The scene of gambling in New Jersey has shifted drastically in the past few years due to the changes in the laws mentioned. A significant difference is a shift from land-based casinos to online casino NJ websites. The players prefer online gambling in NJ over land-based casinos due to the higher level of utility offered to them. This shift in trends was seen by the government as an opportunity to amplify the gambling market in the state. As a result, the government is earning millions of dollars every year due to the operations of online gambling in New Jersey. The players have also retrieved benefits from the said changes and are enjoying their favorite casino and gambling games from the ease of their homes. However, all of this hurt the physical casinos in New Jersey. As more and more players flocked to play online gambling NJ, there were lesser players left for the brick-and-mortar casinos in NJ. Also, neighboring states introduced lavish land-based casinos of their own to retain the local players from going to the Garden State in quest of gambling adventures. All of these factors have made the situation worse for land-based casinos in New Jersey.
Land-Based casinos in New Jersey
It will not be a stretch to claim that New Jersey is far better in terms of gambling legislation and opportunities when it comes to the East Coast states. In fact, many people come to New Jersey to fulfill their gambling cravings from nearby states such as Pennsylvania. The reason behind this popularity of gambling in NJ is mainly the quality of gambling services offered. The gaming clubs of Atlantic City are famous all over the world for the dazzling and scintillating experience they provide. The following are some best-ranked brick-and-mortar casinos in NJ.
These are the current best performing land-based casinos in New Jersey.
The best online casinos in NJ
As mentioned before, there is a significant increase in the popularity of online casino NJ real money. The main reason behind the rise in popularity of NJ online gambling as compared to multiple land-based casinos is the higher level of utility offered by them. Many similar actions can be carried out by them while sitting comfortably at home if they indulge in online gambling New Jersey. For example, one of the features provided by many casino sites is that of a live dealer. In this feature, the players can become a part of a live casino game going on. The other players join via online connections as well. The dealer is also present live online. As a result, the players get a taste of the real casino games while playing on an online platform. The following NJ online casino list will shed light on multiple different such platforms.
The following is the best NJ online casino list:
- Golden Nugget Casino: Golden Nugget Casino is easily one of the best online casinos in NJ It offers an amount of $20 as an online casino NJ real money bonus. A welcome bonus is provided to the players when they join the platform as a premium player. A premium player is the one who pays with real-life money. This site has a total of 563 games. This number is higher than many other similar sites. There is another handsome bonus offered when the player makes an initial deposit. This bonus is of 100% return up to an amount of $1,500. For example, if a player deposits $750, the amount added to his/her account will be $1,500. The additional amount of $750 will be a bonus from the casino game. The site also has a live dealer option for players. Payment methods used by this platform include Visa, MasterCard, and PayPal.
- 888 Casino: 888 is easily one of the well-reputed NJ online casinos. There are various reasons for it. First of all, it offers a real money online casino NJ bonus of $25 as soon as a player joins the casino gaming website. This amount is higher than many other NJ online casino bonuses. Also, no deposit needs to be made to render the use of this bonus. Apart from this, a diverse variety of 217 games is offered to the players. This high range of offering makes sure that no player walks away from the site without finding a game suited to his/her liking. Another attractive feature of this casino gaming website is the high quality of different elements such as graphics offered. The software is free of any lags or other similar quality-related issues. It also has the feature of a live dealer. The site also provides a range of different options that can be used to transfer payments. These options include Neteller, MasterCard, Visa, and PayPal.
- Virgin Casino: Another name that needs to be mentioned when talking about the best online gambling sites NJ is that of Virgin Casino. The site offers a total of 218 slots which the players can choose from. The initial welcome bonus provided by this site is $30. This amount is higher than the amount offered by any online casino in NJ. This amount of NJ online casino free money can be used by the player to help them in their progression throughout the game. The payment methods offered by this platform are also reliable as well as fast. These include options like MasterCard, Visa, and PayPal. The highest NJ online casino no deposit bonus is highly attractive for many players. Also, the brand image of Virgin is highly conducive to the attraction of players to this platform.
This is an online casino NJ list that tells about the different igaming opportunities, if you want to try other casinos please follow this online gambling site reviews.
Banking options in New Jersey
Another area of high importance for the players of casino games is that of banking options. Especially when it comes to online casino games, the importance of banking becomes even more crucial. This high level of significance is because there are many threats that come into play in the online scene. The safety of the credentials and the transfer of payments are some most significant risks to this area. Hence, it becomes vital for the players to only go for those banking options that are trusted and verified by the players via NJ online casino reviews. The following are some trusted platforms that you can use for this purpose:
- Visa: The processing time here is none. This means that the payments will transfer instantly. There are some lower and upper-level limits on the deposits that can be made. A minimum deposit that can be made is $20. On the other hand, the maximum deposit that can be made is $25,000 presently. The use of this platform is described by the users as fast, secure, and comfortable.
- MasterCard: Just like Visa, there is no processing time for transfer of payments in the case of MasterCard as well. The payment can be carried out via a debit as well as a credit card. The lower limit of MasterCard is $20, while the maximum amount that can be deposited is $25,000 in this case. This option is also used for several online gaming spots in New Jersey.
- ACH: If you want to go for a banking transfer instead of a credit card or a debit card, ACH is the best option for you. It takes no time for the processing of the payments. The success rate of ACH stands at an impressive 80%. The lower limit of this option is the same i-e at $20. However, the upper limit is higher in this case, which is equal to $50,000 that can be deposited.
- 7-Eleven: If you are a big fan of 7-Eleven, or live anywhere near a 7-Eleven store, you can transfer your payments via the PayNearMe Cash feature. The maximum limit is of a daily basis instead of a transfer basis. You can easily walk into a 7-eleven store to make the payment of a deposit. The lower limit per day is $10, while the upper limit for a day is $500.
Popular cities in New Jersey for gambling
The spotlight of fame falls upon the Atlantic City when it comes to gambling. There are multiple world-class gambling spots in the area of Atlantic City. It is famous for its gambling activities in not only New Jersey but all over the USA. Apart from Atlantic City, there are other cities too, which host quality casinos offering gambling services. For example, there are many reputable casinos in Trenton. Trenton is also the capital of New Jersey. The famous Parx Casino is also based in New Jersey. Apart from Trenton, there are several other reputable cities for gambling activities. These cities include Jersey City, Newark, and many others. Due to the high level of demand in Atlantic City, the prices are also higher there. In other cities, the prices are much lower than compared to Atlantic City.
Facts about gambling in the New Jersey
New Jersey is not like many other areas in terms of the demographics and other similar factors when one talks about the gambling scene here. Following are some interesting facts about gambling in the area of New Jersey:
- The average age of an online gambler in NJ online casino sites is 37 years old for men and 41 years old for women.
- These averages are lower than the average traditional gamblers playing in actual land-based casinos.
- A vast majority of those who gamble online in New Jersey (67%) only use a single online casino NJ for the purpose of online gambling.
- New Jersey online gambling sites are the least popular amongst students, retirees, and unemployed citizens.
- More educated professionals such as the ones who hold a master's degree are more likely to play casino online NJ.
- Men (73%) are more likely to render the services of NJ online casino apps as compared to women (67%).