Types and How Casino Bonuses Work
What are the ways to improve your gambling experience? Well, even though gambling is unpredictable and strategies don’t work when it comes to slots, there is a good alternative which will let you boost the gameplay. Yes, you are right. We are talking about casino bonuses designed to multiply your deposits, bring free spins on great slots, provide free chips for tables, and more.
Here at Casinority, we’ve prepared the ultimate guide, which explains all the different types of casino bonuses, the ways to get them, wagering conditions, aspects to keep in mind, and more.
How Casino Bonuses Work: Main Things to Know
Many newbie players ask, "Why do casinos provide bonuses?". The answer is simple. Online gambling is a very competitive niche; thus, the casino attracts new players and increases their interest in trying to play. Or encourages players to keep playing (unless it's a welcome bonus).
Casino bonuses are complex and have promotions of different types, so newbies can get welcome packages, while active players can count on other special deposit bonuses or VIP rewards. Of course, all these types are connected with specific wagering requirements, which will be explained below. Let's explore all these aspects in the blocks below!
Calculating Your Casino Bonus
Depending on the bonus type and terms, you will get a different amount on your promotional account. As the most popular types for new players are a welcome bonus and no deposit bonus on sign-up, let’s take a look at these examples:
Examples of welcome bonus on deposit (players can receive bonus after depositing a minimum amount specified by terms):
- A 100% deposit bonus up to $200. It’s a standard bonus where you look at the percentage and the maximum amount. This means that your deposit of $100 will bring you $100, and a deposit of, for example, $300 will give only $200 because of the top limit. It is important to read the terms and conditions, as the bonus can be both for the first deposit and divided into several deposits (usual for 3 or 4 deposits).
- A 100% deposit bonus up to $200 + 200 Free Spins. As in the previous example, you will receive a bonus of up to $200 and an additional 200 free spins. Free spins can be limited by game, by time or divided for some parts.
- 50 free spins. In this case, you don’t get bonus money. You receive some free spins after depositing the minimum amount. The frequency of free spins has strict conditions and is limited by a game.
Example of no deposit bonus on sign-up:
- 15 free spins on sign up. Players can receive 15 free spins for free (deposit not needed) after registration and personal data confirmation.
As there are other casino bonus types, the calculations can also vary, so we'll discuss them below.
Wagering Requirement - The Main Criterion for Choosing a Bonus
Players must be attentive to this condition as bonuses are hardly ever wager-free. In a nutshell, this is a condition under which you can withdraw the winning when using a bonus in a casino. Usually, the wager is equal to x30x to x50, and you can always check this in the particular bonus T&Cs.
Your bonus of $200 with a wager of x40 will be wagered this way: $200 (your bonus amount) x 40 = $8000. You need to bet for $8000 that withdraw your winning. Otherwise, you can't withdraw your winning.
- If it’s a free spins bonus, you wager the winnings you get from free spins.
- In some cases, a casino must wager both a deposit and a bonus amount (deposit + bonus).
- When we are talking about cashback or winnings from tournaments, the wager is usually lower and can stand at x3 to x10 on average.
Read our detailed guide about wagering requirements on this page if you need more information and examples.
Other Essential Aspects
Besides the wager itself, several other aspects shouldn’t be overlooked. Make sure to check these details:
- Minimum deposit. In most cases, it’s $10 to $20, though the offers for high rollers can have a minimum limit of $100 or even more.
- Allowed payment systems. Some bonuses can’t be triggered via Skrill, Neteller, or Paysafecard, so you’ll have to search for alternative methods.
- Expiry date. Usually, a free spins will be active for 24 hours, and standard bonuses need to be wagered within 72 hours.
- Game contribution. When you wager the bonus, the operator may count the money you spend not equally as, for example, slots can bring 100%, and table games – only 50% or even less.
- Max bet when wagering. This limit is also determined for each bonus specifically, and in most cases, the bet shouldn’t exceed $5.
Types of Online Casino Bonuses
As we’ve mentioned, the bonuses you can get at online casinos are very different. It’s convenient as you can plan your bankroll accordingly. For example, the first offer is for registration or the first deposit. After this, you can get regular promos. And when the games don’t bring you the expected results, cashback can get you covered. So, our Casinority team is here to highlight the most popular bonus types at online casinos!
Type #1 - No deposit bonus on registration
As mentioned above, a player gets a free bonus after registration and confirmation of personal data. Their name hints that you don’t need to deposit to get one. Yet, the amount of such bonuses isn’t plenty.
No deposit 30 Free Spins for Hawaii Cocktails slot by Katsubet casino. It is the exclusive bonus for Casinority visitors.
It means that gamblers can receive the bonus without making a deposit.
- Because it's an exclusive bonus, you need to register at Katsubet via our link (read our Affiliate Disclosure);
- Confirm your email and personal data;
- Get to know the bonus terms;
- Activate bonus at personal profile;
- Play Hawaii Cocktails slot with the bonus.
You must complete the wagering requirements if you want to withdraw your winning. Also, you can continue to play at the casino and get a deposit welcome bonus.
Advice. Choose a bonus with the lowest wagering requirement to increase your chances to withdraw winning.
A no deposit bonus for registration can be not only free spins but also free money or free chips.
Casinority Team has prepared the pages for gamblers from different countries with this type of bonus:
- no deposit sign up bonuses in Canada
- no deposit sign up bonuses in New Zealand
- no deposit sign up bonuses in Australia
- no deposit sign up bonuses in the UK
- no deposit sign up bonuses in Ireland
Type #2 - Bonus on 1st deposit or Welcome Package
It’s an offer for newcomers, usually represented as a package (for 3 or 4 deposits) or sometimes only for the 1st deposit. It can consist of both a money bonus and free spins. You can take a look at the example given at the beginning of the guide.
Сheck the conditions, count of deposits that package consists of, and the minimum deposit.
Type #3 - Deposit bonus (for an existing player)
After using a welcome bonus, players are often offered additional deposit bonuses to motivate them to play further. it could be:
- Reload bonus. It is similar to a welcome bonus, but for existing players. Gamblers receive some bonus after the deposit (it is important to know the minimum deposit). There may also be a reload bonus for specific days like Friday.
- Free spins on deposit. The player receives free spins after making a deposit. Unlike reload bonus, in this type, the player doesn't receive bonus money, only spins.
Type #4 - Cashback bonus
Unlucky spins occur from time to time, and the way to get some money back is to receive cashback. It can be equal to 10%–20% of net losses and the amount grows for VIPs.
Type #5 - VIP rewards
The loyalty program is an excellent opportunity for active players and high rollers to get additional advantages from such bets. Meet each new level with new rewards.
Some casinos offer special bonuses and rewards for VIP players. It all depends on the amount of your deposit. Read the conditions on the casino website in the promotion section.
Is it worth using a casino bonus?
Why not get all the bonuses out there? Well, this sounds good until you analyze how to claim each. The pros and cons mentioned below will help players understand whether the bonus is worth it.
- An opportunity to increase the initial deposit
- Free spins on top games
- Cashback for non-winning games
- Personal offers on different occasions
- No-deposit offers with no risks
- Bonuses can’t be withdrawn without wagering
- Not all games are compatible with bonuses
Where to Find the Best Casino Bonuses?
Are you looking for top online casino bonuses? There is no need to go far as we’ve already gathered great offers in our Casinority ranking. We describe welcome packages and regular promos in our casino reviews and do our best to convince operators to provide some exclusive offers for our readers. So you are welcome to stay tuned and get the best offers with Casinority!
Visit our bonus pages: