Gambling in Victoria
Searching for a casino in Australia Victoria? Do not want to waste time on the road? Then it is time for you to consider gambling in best Australian online casinos. At this point, there are plenty of worthy options for you. Check out the list below to pick the best Victoria casino for your gambling session.
Casinos in Victoria
History of gambling in Victoria
The history of gambling in Australia is quite ancient and has a long history. At the very beginning of the 19th century, horse racing bets were first allowed in the country. They originally took place in Sydney and became popular in other large cities around Australia. Gambling became legal in Australia almost immediately after the continent became under the control of the UK. As a result, the first casino was opened in 1810, and the first lottery game was arranged in 1880.
Since then, the gambling industry has developed at high speed, and there was nothing to stop it. All these events have made Australia the biggest gambling country in the world. And here are some facts proving the statement:
- The average Australian citizen spends about $1,300 on gambling every year (this is one of the highest rates in the world);
- There is the largest concentration of slot machines per one thousand population in Australia;
- Australians are legally allowed to play in both land-based and online casinos;
- An avarage Australian has visited a casino at least once in his life;
- Australians are fond of poker, horse racing, and lotteries. In any gaming club, you will find a wide range of poker games;
- Tourists from all over the world come to Australia to visit its famous casinos.
If you are one of those looking for an opportunity to come to the Victoria state in Australia, you are more than welcome. The multitude of gambling options will pleasantly surprise you.
Laws for gambling in Victoria
Gambling in Australia is regulated at both a country and territory level. And here are the main legislative acts that maintain the entire industry:
Australian Capital Territory
- Betting Act of 1964;
- Casino Control Act of 2006;
- Gaming Machine Act of 2004;
- Interactive Gambling Act of 1998;
- Lotteries Act of 1964;
- Pool Betting Act of 1964;
- Race & Sports Bookmaking Act of 2001;
- Racing Act of 1999;
- Unlawful Gambling.
The state of Victoria
- Casino control Act;
- Casino Management Agreement Act of 1993;
- Gambling Regulation Act of 2003.
As you have already understood, Australia is a paradise for gamblers. The county government imposes no legal restrictions on gambling in land-based clubs. What is more, casino sites online are also allowed here, but they must be licensed to provide their services. Illegal establishments are immediately being closed, and their owners are severely punished if they are residents of the country.
Besides, Australians can safely play in international online casinos without being banned. Since Internet gambling is developing very quickly, many citizens of the state play online and spend a lot of time on gambling platforms.