Gambling in Victoria
Searching for a casino in Australia Victoria? Do not want to waste time on the road? Then it is time for you to consider gambling in best Australian online casinos. At this point, there are plenty of worthy options for you. Check out the list below to pick the best Victoria casino for your gambling session.
Casinos in Victoria
History of gambling in Victoria
The history of gambling in Australia is quite ancient and has a long history. At the very beginning of the 19th century, horse racing bets were first allowed in the country. They originally took place in Sydney and became popular in other large cities around Australia. Gambling became legal in Australia almost immediately after the continent became under the control of the UK. As a result, the first casino was opened in 1810, and the first lottery game was arranged in 1880.
Since then, the gambling industry has developed at high speed, and there was nothing to stop it. All these events have made Australia the biggest gambling country in the world. And here are some facts proving the statement:
- The average Australian citizen spends about $1,300 on gambling every year (this is one of the highest rates in the world);
- There is the largest concentration of slot machines per one thousand population in Australia;
- Australians are legally allowed to play in both land-based and online casinos;
- An avarage Australian has visited a casino at least once in his life;
- Australians are fond of poker, horse racing, and lotteries. In any gaming club, you will find a wide range of poker games;
- Tourists from all over the world come to Australia to visit its famous casinos.
If you are one of those looking for an opportunity to come to the Victoria state in Australia, you are more than welcome. The multitude of gambling options will pleasantly surprise you.
Laws for gambling in Victoria
Gambling in Australia is regulated at both a country and territory level. And here are the main legislative acts that maintain the entire industry:
Australian Capital Territory
- Betting Act of 1964;
- Casino Control Act of 2006;
- Gaming Machine Act of 2004;
- Interactive Gambling Act of 1998;
- Lotteries Act of 1964;
- Pool Betting Act of 1964;
- Race & Sports Bookmaking Act of 2001;
- Racing Act of 1999;
- Unlawful Gambling.
The state of Victoria
- Casino control Act;
- Casino Management Agreement Act of 1993;
- Gambling Regulation Act of 2003.
As you have already understood, Australia is a paradise for gamblers. The county government imposes no legal restrictions on gambling in land-based clubs. What is more, casino sites online are also allowed here, but they must be licensed to provide their services. Illegal establishments are immediately being closed, and their owners are severely punished if they are residents of the country.
Besides, Australians can safely play in international online casinos without being banned. Since Internet gambling is developing very quickly, many citizens of the state play online and spend a lot of time on gambling platforms.
Laws for gambling in Victoria
Although the country government doesn’t impose any bans on the gambling industry, it does set up some of the highest taxes to it. Thus, Australian bookmakers are facing new taxes and some advertising restrictions. The state government in Western Australia (WA) unveiled its latest budget, which included a 15% consumption tax for online bookmakers who get revenue from local players. South Australia and Viktoria were the first two Australian states to adopt the increased taxes.
In order to operate in the industry legally, an operator of betting in Victoria has to pay:
- Sales tax - in case a casino Victoria sells alcohol, cigarettes, or any other products/ services it must pay a sales tax;
- Tax on players’ loses - every time a casino gets any profit from players’ loses, a tax must be paid;
- Net income tax - a casino must pay a tax on its income derived from online poker, investment tote, etc.;
- License fees - to legally operate in the gambling market, a casino operator has to obtain a gambling license and registration documents.
Land-Based casinos in Victoria
If you are searching for luxurious and cozy casinos, then you should definitely attend Victoria. The state boasts of some of the best gambling houses throughout Australia. In the state of Victoria, you can visit any of the three land-based casinos in state Victoria Australia.
Slots and video poker fans will definitely have fun and diversity of available options. The casino in Victoria has a license for up to 2,500 poker machines; thus, it offers the widest selection of
Australian pokies you will hardly find anywhere in the world. There are also thousands of video poker machines for those who love everything about poker. Another good thing about The Crown Casino is that you can stay for a night or two in the nearby hotel, have dinner with friends, or even watch a night show.
It is just a perfect place for those who want to spin the reels of fruity slots in a cozy atmosphere and have a tasty meal without paying too much. Clocks at Flinders cannot be called a luxury place; it is more for true fans of gambling searching for the portion of thrill.
Blackjack Nights is one of the places every gambler should visit in the State of Victoria. You can find many roulette and blackjack tables in the main area of the casino in State. There is also a “low-limit” area next to the poker room with stake limits of $5 and even less.
Banking options for gambling in Victoria
Australian gamblers have plenty of banking options for both deposits and money withdrawals. So it will not be a problem for you to find a method that perfectly suits you in terms of fees, transaction timing, and amounts processed in a single operation. Here is a short list of all banking options you will find in any casino in Australia:
- Credit/ debit card - owners of credit/ debit cards can safely use their Visa or Mastercard in a casino in Victoria. This payment method is by far the most popular one in Australia. It is safe, fast, convenient, and is quite flexible when it comes to transaction limits;
- E-wallets - you do not necessarily need a credit card to be able to make deposits and withdraw your wins. If you have an e-wallet, you can do any financial operation in a casino. Every second gaming club supports this payment method. PayPal, Skrill, POLi, Payoneer - these are some of the widely supported e-wallets in Australian casinos;
- Bank transfers - if you prefer the old and time-proven payment method, then you are more than welcome to use bank transfers. They are supported in many casinos in Australia;
- Crypto units - digital money is riding on the wave of popularity. Australian casinos are following the trend and are starting to introduce cryptocurrency as their alternative banking method. Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum are already supported in some casinos in Australia.
To be on the safe side, we recommend checking a full list of banking options a casino works with. Thus, you will ensure that your preferred method is supported or look for an alternative solution that matches your needs.
Popular cities in Victoria for gambling
Victoria is a big gambling state in Australia; it is a home of 3 large casinos and small gambling clubs offering both top-class entertainment and a wide game assortment. If you are planning your trip to Victoria and do not know what city to visit, then you should definitely go to Melbourne. Apart from being a capital of the southeastern Australian state of Victoria, it is also a concentration of the best casinos. Add The Crown Casino to your must-visit list of places. This gaming club will surprise you with its unique environment and a huge assortment of video poker and slot machines.
Facts about gambling in Victoria
You may know a lot about gambling in Victoria, but there are still some interesting facts that you probably did not hear about. We have prepared a short list for you:
- According to the official study, Australian citizens are the biggest gamblers in the world. Over 80% of the entire country population takes part in gambling in different forms;
- Australians spend around $18 billion on gambling per year;
- The Australian government gets the highest profit from the gambling industry;
- The online casino was first launched in Australia in 1994;
- The biggest jackpot amount to be won in an Australian casino pub is $10,000.